Why stop at 7?? This 9 layer dip takes party dips to a whole new level of fun and yum!
Easy party dips are the name of the game at our house. And I do mean game because pretty soon here it’s gonna be football season and I grew up watching college ball with my dad and brothers. We aren’t pro fans so don’t ask me which team I cheer for. Our hearts are tied up in NCAA and that’s our saturday tradition during the fall season. With plenty of snacky food, of course.
I’ve always loved 7 layer dips because, hello, layers. You know I love me some layered food. So then it’s no surprise that when I did a 7 layer dip, I just couldn’t stop at 7. I had to pull in the reins at 9 because, well…. I ran out of room in my casserole dish. Which means I am on the hunt for a bigger one. For now though I’m pretty stoked about this 9 layer dip. Two kinds of beans, fresh guacamole, kicked up sour cream, two kinds of cheese (PEPPERJACK!!!) and all the favorite toppings. How can you say no to a dip like this??? You can’t. You just can’t.
Hungry for more? Try my Best Guacamole recipe next!
9 Layer Dip
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 cup sour cream - (8 ounces)
- 4 tablespoons taco seasoning - or chipotle seasoning
- 3 medium avocados - mashed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- juice of 1 lime - (about 1 tablespoon)
- ½ cup mayo
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 can black beans - drained and rinsed
- 1 cup shredded Mexican style cheese - (cheddar, colby jack, monterey jack, etc)
- 1 cup shredded pepperjack cheese
- ¼ white onion - diced
- 1 roma tomato - diced
- ¼ cup cilantro - roughly chopped
- 1 green onion - chopped
- tortilla chips for serving
- Spread refried beans in the bottom of a casserole dish. Mix together sour cream and taco seasoning and spread mixture on top of refried beans.
- Combine mashed avocados, salt, lime juice, mayo, cumin, and garlic powder and mix well (it can still be chunky). Spread guacamole on top of sour cream mixture.
- Sprinkle black beans evenly on top of guacamole. Sprinkle Mexican style cheese on top of black beans. Then sprinkle pepperjack cheese on top.
- Top with green onions, white onions, tomatoes and cilantro. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Serve cold or at room temperature with tortilla chips.