Healthy Bali Island Chicken Rice Bowls topped with seasoned chicken, steamed veggies, and a creamy spicy peanut sauce!
There are a handful of restaurants that my husband and I frequent. We try new ones here and there, especially when we are traveling, but there are some go-to places we just never seem to get tired of and one of those is Rumbi Island Grill. If you haven’t experienced the Rumbi goodness you need to hop online and see if there is one near you because there food is SO good.
I almost always get a rice bowl with half rice, half noodles, and chicken. They have several sauces I love but my favorite is the Bali island sauce. It’s a sweet and savory peanut sauce with a little bit of a kick and it is so darn delicious that I always know to ask for an extra side of it. I’m a sauce person. I need a LOT of sauce.
This is my version of Rumbi’s rice bowls with Bali island sauce. Healthy, easy to make, and crazy crazy yummy. Oh and on the table in 30 minutes – can’t beat that!
Bali Island Chicken Rice Bowls
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 zucchini, peeled and cut into 2 inch strips
- 1/3 cup carrot sticks
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 cups cups steamed rice OR 6 ounces cooked noodles (like spaghetti noodles)
Bali Island Sauce
- 1/3 cup reduced fat creamy peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons warm water
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar (may sub white vinegar in a pinch)
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon sriracha (depending on how spicy you want it)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Boil or steam veggies til fork-tender. Set aside.
- Slice the chicken breasts in half lengthwise and pound to even thickness. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Cook in a large, greased pan or skillet over medium heat 4-6 minutes on each side until cooked through. Dice and set aside.
- Whisk all sauce ingredients together until smooth.
- Assemble bowls with rice (or noodles) on the bottom, then top with veggies and chicken. Serve with bali island sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired.