Just in time for Pi Day! Learn how to make this simple, sweet and savory caramel coconut macadamia nut pie with just five minutes of prep!
This pie thing, it’s happening. Right here, right now, on Pi Day and every day for the rest of forever because HELLO, caramel and coconut and macadamia nuts all rolled into one decadent dessert that requires only five minutes of prep? Heavens yes.
This recipe is so simple and that’s one of the things I love most about it. I adapted the recipe from Karo® Syrup and in this case you really can say “simple as pie” and not be lying because there are just 6 basic pantry ingredients, plus the Karo® Syrup that makes up the chewy, gooey, sweet ‘n salty filling you will fall in love with after just one bite. Stir those 7 ingredients together and dump it into a pie crust. Done and done. 6+1 = deliciousness, and this pie is infinitely delicious.
After whipping up the filling, you’ll bake it for about 50-60 minutes, just until it sets up and the top becomes caramelized. Let it cool for a little bit before slicing and topping with caramel sauce and whipped cream, plus add a little extra coconut and chopped macadamia nuts because you can never have enough of that summery flavor combo. And a little taste of anything summer is something I think we’re all craving in March.
This pie is exactly what your dessert routine needs my friends and I recommend using Pi Day as an excuse to bake a little extra to share with friends or anyone you know who is over winter.
Caramel Coconut Macadamia Nut Pie
- 1 cup Karo® Syrup
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut, plus more for topping
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce
- whipping cream
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust (see note)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl mix together corn syrup, eggs, butter, vanilla, macadamia nuts and coconut. Pour mixture into the pie crust.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until center is set. Allow to cool for 15-20 minutes. Top with whipped cream, coconut flakes, and caramel sauce and serve.
Recipe in partnership with with Karo® Syrup. #bakealittleextra