Easy, fluffy Eggnog Pancakes topped with syrup and powdered sugar.
Are you sick of my pancakes yet? I know, I make a lot of pancakes. What can I say, I’m a fan of eating cake for breakfast.
As previously mentioned, I wasn’t always an eggnog person. In fact, I still don’t like to drink it straight up. BUT. I am definitely on board with eggnog-infused baked goods. These Eggnog Cupcakes and those sugar cookies made me a permanent believer. And these pancakes! My love for eggnog treats grows stronger each bite.
Speaking of each bite…
Do you see that perfection?? I swoon.
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs - at room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups eggnog
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons oil - (may sub melted butter)
- optional: maple syrup and powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
- In a second bowl beat eggs. Whisk in the milk, vanilla, and butter.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients, stirring until just combined (do not over-mix! there will be a few lumps, that's okay).
- Lightly grease a large nonstick skillet or griddle. Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the skillet.
- Once edges begin to look "dry" and bubble form in the top of the batter, flip the pancake and cook for another 1-2 minutes until golden.
- Repeat with remaining batter til you've used it all. Serve pancakes warm and top with syrup and powdered sugar as desired. Enjoy!