Rich and creamy Eggnog Truffles – easy to make and perfect for holiday parties and neighbor gifts!
In 36 hours I plan to have a decorated tree, stockings hung, wreath on the door, and at least 45 million pictures on my iPhone of two little babes surrounded by twinkle lights. #thankyoupinterest I will be retrieving the rest of my winter clothes from the garage pronto because I hear it is supposed to snow back home. Prettttty much every day for the next week in fact.
I also plan to make a batch of these hot fudge stuffed chocolate chip cookies, this salted caramel shortbread (ohmagosh YES.) and another loaf of that mouthwatering gingerbread with cream cheese frosting.
If you are planning on attending a holiday party this year, you really should consider these eggnog truffles as your gift to everyone. Actually don’t consider. Just do it. They’re so easy to make, rich and creamy-licious, and so purrrrdy when you drizzle a little extra white chocolate on top.
Everyone will think you special ordered them!
Careful, they may expect them every year from here on out.
- 2 1/2 cup white chocolate chips, divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon rum flavoring (found with the extracts, optional)
- additional white chocolate and edible glitter for decorating (optional)
- Melt 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips. Add cream cheese, powdered sugar, nutmeg, rum flavoring and mix until smooth. Cover tightly and chill for 2-3 hours or until firm.
- Shape mixture into 1-inch balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Melt remaining chocolate chips.
- Stick a toothpick or fork into one of the balls, dip into the melted chocolate (you can use a spoon to help get the chocolate completely coated), tap off excess chocolate, and place back on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining balls.
- Chill for 30 minutes. Serve immediately or store chilled in an airtight container up to 1 week.
Recipe adapted from here.