Moist and fluffy flourless banana blender muffins! They are SO easy to whip up in your blender and you can add all of your favorite mix-ins like nuts, coconut flakes, cinnamon, or chocolate chips!
Hollaaaaaa for easy breakfast ideas. I love breakfast food, I do, but the morning always seems to get away from me and by the time 10am rolls around I’m famished and need something like, yesterday.
Enter easy grab-n-go breakfast option.
I love blender-made anything. Smoothies, soups, you name it, but especially muffins. No need to dirty a bunch of bowls and whisks and hand mixers and blah blah – just throw it all in the blender, pulse, and pour.
It’s like muffin magic.
The fun thing about these easy flourless banana blender muffins?? The MIX-INS! It’s like ice cream. How can you not go crazy when you’re faced with a dozen options of yummy add-ons to your giant bowl of ice cream? You can’t. Crazy will happen. And that’s sort of what went on here when I was trying to decide what to add to my blender muffins.
Chocolate chips?? Coconut?? Cinnamon?? Nuts???
YES. To all the above.
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium bananas
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sour cream (OR greek yogurt)
- optional mix-ins: 1 cup chocolate chips, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ½ cup sweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease muffin tins or place muffin/cupcake liners in the tins.
- Add oats, eggs, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla, and salt to a high powered blender. Pulse until smooth.
- If you are using just one mix-in (i.e.: chocolate chips) then you can stir it right into the blender (with a spoon- don't pulse) and then fill muffin tins ¾ full. If you want to use more than one mix in (such as chocolate chips on some, and coconut flakes on others) then fill the muffin tins first, then sprinkle your mix-ins on top of each cup and stir in with a knife.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and an inserted toothpick comes out mostly clean. Allow to cool completely, store in airtight container.