Perfectly fluffy waffles made with protein-rich greek yogurt!
Hey there and Happy Saturday!
For those of you who actually read this blog or come here to party on a regular basis (bless your hearts) you may have noticed that about a month or so ago the post frequency dramatically decreased. Where I used to post 7 days a week like a crazy lady – it’s just who I am – lately I’ve been posting about 3 times a week.
Worry not! This blog is not going anywhere. Me and my incessant cooking and recipe sharing are here to stay.
(Phew – I know you’re relieved…)
So why the sudden decrease in recipe posting here on Creme de la Crumb??
Nasty dreaded drudgery school.
You might remember that I’ve been going to school full time during the life of this here blog and CDLC has kept me sane. It has also kept me insane. Just sayin’. But the really wonderful, totally amazing, can hardly believe it news is that I am graduating. At the end of April I will be a free woman.
I’ve been drowning in the overwhelming work load of a senior thesis capstone project. AKA: research torture. That’s why I’ve been a bit less than totally present the past little while – but I assure you, I’m still here. Treading water, but here. Cooking, eating, homeworking, cooking eating homeworking = my life right now. But very soon it will be a thing of the past and you shall have my full attention once again.
As long as I pass my oral defense in exactly one month’s time…
Wish me luck y’all!
Oh and greek yogurt waffles!!! EAT THEM. 🙂
- 2 eggs
- 1¾ cup milk
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt (I used 0% fat)
- 1 tablespoon sugar or maple syrup
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat your waffle maker. In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, milk, greek yogurt, and sugar (or maple syrup).
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt and mix until all ingredients are combined. (Most of the lumps should be gone but it doesn't need to be perfectly smooth).
- Grease the waffle maker and cook waffles according to manufacturer's instructions. Serve with butter, syrup, fresh berries, whipped cream, or powdered sugar as desired.