Horseradish Cream Sauce is a creamy condiment with a perfect balance of zesty and creamy flavors that goes perfectly with roast beef or tender prime rib!
There’s no better pairing for this sauce than my Best Easy Prime Rib roast! And after you’ve fallen in love with that, be sure to try my Mushroom Cream Sauce for Steak, and Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce.
Why This Recipe Works
Saucy Goodness: Sauces are one of the best parts of eating, am I right? They add so much flavor and a contrasting texture that is to die for! This creamy horseradish sauce is tangy with a kick from the horseradish with a depth of flavor from fresh garlic and flaky sea salt. Horseradish sauce is most often paired with steak since it stands up to the bold flavor of this sauce!
Better than the Steakhouse: Skip the steakhouse and make the prime rib at home with this horseradish cream sauce! This is definitely a rival to the best steakhouse meal you can get, and for a fraction of a price!
This creamy horseradish sauce can be made with just 4 ingredients! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Sour Cream: Sour cream serves as the creamy base for this sauce!
- Prepared Horseradish: You will need prepared horseradish specifically as it is jarred and combined with some other ingredients which makes it acidic and delicious! You can buy this at your local grocery store.
- Garlic: Freshly minced garlic adds some extra depth of flavor!
- Salt: To taste. This will balance out the acidity and kick of the horseradish!
Here’s How to Make It
Step by Step Instructions
- Mix: In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, 3 tbsp of prepared horseradish, and the garlic. Add more horseradish if the sauce needs more heat or acidity. How much you need will depend on the brand.
- Season: Season to taste with salt.
- If you have fresh horseradish from the garden, you should grate it on a cheese grater and combine it with some water, a bit of white vinegar, and some salt!
- For added flavor and texture, top this sauce off with some finely chopped chives or green onions!
Frequently Asked Questions
Prime rib and beef sirloin are the most obvious choice to serve with this horseradish cream sauce. However, you can also serve this sauce with french dip sandwiches, pork tenderloin, or spoon some over some smashed potatoes!
This sauce will last in the fridge for a few days, but make sure to use a little less horseradish since the flavors will become stronger as it sits!
More Recipes You’ll Love
Be sure to serve this with my juicy Prime Rib Roast recipe!
- Blue Cheese Steak Sauce
- Homemade Tzatziki Sauce
- Buffalo Sauce Recipe
- Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
- Mushroom Sauce for Steak
Did you make this recipe? FANTASTIC. Please rate the recipe below and be sure to tag me on social when you share a photo on social – I love seeing what you’re up to in the kitchen!
Horseradish Cream Sauce
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3-4 tbsp prepared horseradish
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- salt - to taste
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, 3 tbsp of prepared horseradish, and the garlic. Add more horseradish if the sauce needs more heat or acidity; how much you need will depend on the brand.
- Season to taste with salt.