Taco salad is a perfect way to use up leftover turkey! Top it with all of your favorites like black beans, avocado, corn, cheese, tortilla strips, and your favorite southwest dressing!
Happy Turkey Day!!! How many Thanksgiving dinners are you eating today? Weird question I guess but it actually makes sense in our house. Our families live so close by each other that we split our holidays between both houses. Which is … good and bad.
I love that we both get to see our families. Mostly…. I’m glad that I still get to sample my mama’s cooking every holiday and don’t have to go without. But I am also glad to see my mother too ya know, I’m not completely barbaric. 😉 But I tell ya, two Thanksgiving dinner is enough to kill a girl – even one who loves food as much as this one right here.
My mother always makes 2-3 meats, usually 2 turkeys and a ham. Even though every square inch of the house is occupied by somebody shoveling stuffing and mashed potatoes into their mouths, somehow we always end up with a giant stock pile of turkey leftover. But this year I’m switching things up with my leftovers. Starting with turkey enchiladas, and then following up with turkey taco salad.
There is possibly nothing easier and more delicious than turkey taco salad people, you’ve just gotta love it! When you’re using leftover turkey, this meal comes together quicker than you can say YUM!
Leftover Turkey Taco Salad
- 6-8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can yellow corn, drained and rinsed
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese (cheddar, monterey jack, colby jack, use your favorite!)
- 2 avocados, diced
- 2-3 cup shredded turkey
- tortilla strips, OR crushed tortilla chips
- 1 cup ranch dressing (or see notes)
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Toss together lettuce and next 7 ingredients. Top with tortilla strips.
- Whisk together ranch, taco seasoning, and chili powder. Serve with salad.