Chewy no bake Pumpkinroos are a fall twist on classic scotcheroos! An easy, chewy, sweet n’ salty make ahead no-bake treat.
My house smells like heaven. Pure heaven. As long as heaven smells like pumpkin and spices and fall things, which I’m convinced it does. The holiday baking bug has settled in early this year and I’m not even trying to resist. If you can’t beat it, bake it, right??
Or something like that.
These Pumpkinroos from Karo® Syrup are a fun, fall-flavor twist on classic Scotcheroos and are absolutely to die for. The best part? Easy to make, NO BAKE, and prep time is 20 minutes or less! The first thing you’ll do is combine crisp rice cereal, toasted oat cereal, and crushed pretzels in a large bowl. Don’t worry about taking the time to chop the pretzels, crushing them by the handful does the trick without having to dirty a knife and cutting board.
Next you’ll melt sugar and Karo® Syrup in a pan on the stove. The Karo Syrup gives these bars just the right amount of sweetness to let the almond butter and pumpkin pie spice shine through, and creates the perfect gooeylicious consistency to bring all of those cereals and pretzels together in a minute. Once your mixture is smooth, stir in the almond butter and pumpkin pie spice until nice and creamy.
Stir the cereals and pretzels in with the almond butter mixture until all of the ingredients and coated well. Transfer to a large baking pan, press into an even layer, and chill until firm. The last step is to cut into bars, dip in melted white chocolate, and sprinkle with some chopped nuts and a little extra pumpkin pie spice. That’s it! These are so good, you may want to double the batch and bake a little extra. It’s a great way to show someone you care and a fun, Halloween classroom treat!
No Bake Pumpkinroos
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup Karo® Syrup
- 1 cup creamy almond butter
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pumpkin Pie Spice, plus additional for garnish
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 2 cups toasted oat cereal
- 2 cups coarsely crushed pretzels
- 2/3 cup white chocolate chips, melted
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts or pecans
- Line a 9x13 inch baking pan with nonstick foil and grease with cooking spray. Combine cereals and pretzels in a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine sugar and corn syrup in medium sauce pan. Stir over medium high heat until melted and the mixture just begins to boil around the edges. Remove from heat. Stir in almond butter and 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice; mixing until well combined.
- Pour mixture into reserved bowl and mix well. Pour into prepared pan and press into an even layer. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Lift foil from pan and place on a large cutting board. Cut into bars, dip into chocolate to cover about 1/2 of the bar, and sprinkle with nuts and pumpkin pie spice. Allow chocolate to cool completely before serving.
This post is in partnership with Karo® Syrup.