Quick and easy Red Velvet Mug Cakes for TWO, drizzled with caramel sauce and sprinkled with crunchy pecans!
Oh heyyyyyyyy, more red velvet. Well in honor of tomorrow being February 1st, yeah, I’m red velveting today.
You know how mini things are cuter? Seriously though, FACT: small things are cuter. Little puppies, mini pencils, bite-sized appetizers, donut holes, dessert plates, babies. And I’d like to say that cakes you can make in mugs are in this same realm. Single-serving things adorable and especially tasty.
Oh and these mug cakes? 8 minutes people. Eight minutes of your life will give you two delicious, moist and fluffy red velvet cakes. One for you and one for….
Whomever you decide to share it with.
Me, myself, and I are all acceptable.
You are also welcome to top these cakes with any combination of delicious confections your can dream up. I went for the powdered sugar, caramel sauce and pecans but I was ***this close*** to smothering them in cream cheese frosting.
Other CDLC-approved topping choices:
– Chocolate chips (white, milk, semi-sweet, MINI)
– Hot fudge (melty gooey goodness) orrrr chocolate syrup
– Maraschino cherries (straight from the jar baby)
E. All of the above.
Red Velvet Mug Cakes for TWO
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ¼ cup flour
- ⅛ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ¼ teaspoon vinegar
- toppings: caramel sauce, powdered sugar
- In one mug, whisk the egg, oil, food coloring, buttermilk, and vanilla. Add the sugar, cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, salt, and vinegar and whisk until smooth.
- Transfer half of the batter to the second mug. Microwave one mug at a time for 60-90 seconds until fluffy but firm. Repeat with second mug. Top with caramel sauce, powdered sugar, and pecans as desired. Enjoy!
I’ve partnered up with Diamond of California to bring you this post because I personally use and LOVE their products!
Recipe adapted from epicurious