Slow cooker caramel pecan monkey bread is incredibly delicious and easy to make and will become your go-to breakfast for special occasions and gatherings.
First, you should know that I’d never heard the term “monkey bread” until I was in college. After hearing it half a dozen times, I asked a friend what on earth monkey bread actually was and once she described it to me, I realized I’d been eating it all my life. Only we didn’t call it monkey bread. We called it “caramel rolls”. Still do to this day.
In fact my brother is going to be in town this entire next week and I can guarantee you he’ll be pleading with my mother to make him a batch of caramel rolls before he heads home. We are kind of hooked on them.
So caramel rolls, monkey bread….whatever, it’s all basically the same. Irresistibly gooey cinnamon sugar biscuits with a buttery caramely coating. Yes, yes, and YES PLEASE.
This slow cooker caramel pecan monkey bread recipe will change your breakfast life. Maybe it’s not the prime on-the-go, before work breakfast, but it is the ultimate in special occasions and gatherings. I’m talking birthdays, Christmas, Easter, Sunday mornings…. all the times you want a hot, comforting, indulgent breakfast, but don’t want to slave away for hours in advance.
Just seven ingredients and ten minutes of prep. You can’t beat that!!! It has to be that simple because once you share this yumminess with your family/friends/etc – they’re going to beg for it every chance they possible can make up an excuse to have a hot breakfast. And you won’t mind one bit because this is honestly as easy as it gets.
Slow Cooker Caramel Pecan Monkey Bread
- 1 can refrigerated large flaky biscuits (sometimes referred to as "grand" biscuits)
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped Diamond of California Pecans
- 1/3 cup caramel sauce (ice cream topping or simply melted caramels)
- Grease slow cooker and place melted butter in a small bowl. Cut biscuits into quarters. Whisk together granulated sugar and cinnamon in a second small bowl.
- Dip biscuit quarters into butter, tossing to coat evenly, then dip in cinnamon-sugar mixture, tossing to coat evenly, and place in the bottom of the slow cooker. Repeat with remaining biscuit quarters. (Be sure to make just one layer, biscuits will be tightly squished).
- Sprinkle brown sugar and pecans over the top of the biscuits and pour remaining melted butter over the top.
- Cover and cook for 2 1/2 hours on low or until dough is cooked thoroughly. Drizzle caramel sauce over the top and serve hot.
This recipe is in partnership with Diamond of California Nuts.