Slow cooker Italian sausage tortellini soup with red peppers, onions, spicy Italian sausage and Italian seasonings, and last but not least, cheesy tortellini pasta. This is the perfect blend of comfort foods and so so easy to make.
We just got back from a family vacation and my head is spinning a little bit. Not just because of the mountains of laundry that need tackling and the abundance of emails to catch up on, but I feel like I left during summer and come home to Fall and it’s weirding me out a little bit. In the best way possible because I am r e a d y to for boots and drives up the canyon and lots and lots of SOUP.
First on the docket: slow cooker Italian sausage tortellini soup with red peppers, onions, spicy Italian sausage and Italian seasonings, and last but not least, cheesy tortellini pasta. There’s something about combining pasta and soup that just screams *comfort food* to me and it’s absolutely perfect for this time of year. Just throw it all in the slow cooker, let it cook for 6-8 hours, stir in your tortellini, and call it a day. A delicious slow cooker soup day.
AKA: the best kind of day.
Slow Cooker Italian Sausage Tortellini Soup
- 3 large Italian sausage links - frozen (regular or spicy)
- 1 red bell pepper - diced
- 1 medium onion - diced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- juice of 1 small lemon - (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces tortellini pasta
- freshly chopped parsley - optional
- Allow sausage links to thaw just enough that you can slice them. Slice sausage into 1/4-inch thick coins.
- Add sausage, bell pepper, onion, Italian seasoning, lemon juice, garlic powder, and chicken broth to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- About 20 minutes before serving stir in tortellini. Cover and allow to cook until tortellini is tender and hot throughout.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and serve.