Lightly Toasted Ravioli with Cheesy Marinara Sauce, baked til crispy and dunked in the most savory marinara!
My brother is the sauce king. A title appointed by me. When we were growing up he would come up with these sauces for dipping everything and I still remember the day he combined cream cheese and marinara sauce for dipping breadsticks.
I’ve whipped up that 2 ingredient concoction so many times I’ve lost count and when I made toasted ravioli, I new exactly what it needed – cheesy marinara. The ravioli was delicious by itself, it really was, but by kicking the ingredient list up from 4 ingredients to 6, the whole thing becomes AHmazing.
Toasted Ravioli with Cheesy Marinara Sauce
- 1 9-ounce package cheese ravioli
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water or milk
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a baking sheet and set aside. Prepare ravioli according to package's instructions. Drain and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place bread crumbs in a small bowl. Whisk together egg and water or milk in a second bowl.
- Dip ravioli in the egg mixture, tossing to coat, then toss ravioli in the breadcrumbs to coat. Place on baking sheet. Spray lightly with cooking spray or olive oil mist.
- Bake ravioli for 4-8 minutes until browned. While ravioli is baking, mix together cream cheese and marinara sauce. Serve sauce warm (you can heat it on the stove or in the microwave for a few seconds if needed) with toasted ravioli.