Super moist and perfectly sweet Zucchini Cookies with Brown Butter Cream Cheese Frosting – the most incredible frosting you will ever taste!
I know, zucchini. It’s everywhere in August. This time every year everyone has zucchini coming out their ears and the ideas for using it all up abound. Wellllll how about one more idea? A cookie idea. With just about the best frosting on the entire face of the planet?
Okay good, I hoped you’d be on board with it!
Side note really quick – the kitchen is almost DONE! Well. Sort of. We still need to work on the whole replacing the old appliances with new updated awesome ones thing but in the sense of actually having a functioning kitchen back in the house (minus a backsplash) – that is done! And oh, how I am dying to make things like soft fluffy zucchini cookies covered in brown butter cream cheese frosting in my own kitchen in my own house in my sweat pants and mismatched puma socks.
Also, I’ve never been so beyond excited to wash dishes. I absolutely kid you not when I say that I scrubbed a crockpot in my front yard with a hose last week. It was definitely one of my classier moments. On a separate occasion I drove a carload of dishes to my parents home, hung head in shame, to scrub them clean in a real honest to goodness kitchen sink.
Who knew the part of my kitchen I’d miss the very most was the darn sink?!
Now back to zucchini cookies. My husband gave these the stink eye when I first made them, and really to be honest the me that existed three years ago would have given them the exact same look. But he trusts my baking enough to give anything I make a try, and he LOVED THEM. Zucchini cookies for the win y’all.
The cookies would be pretty fantastic by themselves but the frosting… ohmagosh the frosting. SO incredible. It’s rich rich rich from the brown butter and cream cheese combo, and so perfectly flavored. I could eat it by the spoonful (oh wait… I already did that…) but since you’re making these cookies anyway (you know you are) then go ahead and spread a bunch of it right on top of those beautiful zucchini-loaded beauties. But be warned: these addictive cookies won’t last a full day in your house without being devoured!
Zucchini Cookies with Brown Butter Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 cup shredded zucchini, squeezed slightly to remove some of the extra liquid
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt (I used fat free - may sub sour cream in a pinch)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4-6 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350. In a medium-large bowl combine zucchini, greek yogurt, egg, sugars, and vanilla and mix well.
- In another bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until everything is incorporated.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter onto a baking sheet, at least 2 inches apart. Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes. Allow to cool at least 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack to finish cooling completely.
- To make the frosting, melt butter in a medium sauce pan. When butter is melted, continue to whisk over medium heat until butter turns from yellow to a golden color. Remove from heat. In a medium bowl cream together butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk until smooth and spreadable. Spread on cooled cookies.