Uber-moist and fudgy, rich Triple Chocolate Zucchini Bread loaded with chocolate chips and drizzled with even more chocolate on top! This is the ultimate chocolate-lovers dream!
Ohhhhh my goodness. This people, this right here…. is a little bit of chocolate overload mega fudgy rich heaven. Actually a lot a bit. It’s a lot a bit of chocolate overload mega fudgy rich heaven.
Not one…. not two…. but THREE hearty doses of chocolate in this zucchini bread recipe. First you’ve got chocolate cocoa powder in the batter. Then we stir in a truckload of chocolate chips. Lastly, drizzle or spread a whole bunch of chocolatey goodness right on top of the bread to finish it off.
It’s chocolate paradise.
And the bread itself is so perfectly moist without getting that gooey texture that some moist-claiming breads tend to have. It doesn’t taste or feel underbaked, just super duper fudgy and rich chocolate zucchini bread, thanks to all of that shredded zucchini and the greek yogurt we snuck in.
If you’ve got zucchini at your house and have been wondering what to do with it…
THIS IS IT!
What people are saying about this Triple Chocolate Zucchini Bread
“I just made this using a muffin tin, cooking them for 35 minutes. They are amazing! Thank you so much!” – Laurie
“This was so good, I’ve made it twice in three days! Thank you so much for such an awesome recipe!!” – Cailin
“Made these in Texas size tins (perfect, made 6) subbed sour cream (all I had) and they were great. Making my second batch today. Thank you.” – Carrie
“OOOOOOOOOOO my Goodness, these are De-lish. Just ate 3 of the tiny muffins and I bow my hat to you Madam.” – Suzie
“5 STARS!!! Made this yesterday and it’s DELISH. Very moist, super chocolatey.” – Adri
Triple Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini (about 1 medium-large zucchini, do not squeeze excess liquid out)
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt (I used fat free)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips, divided (milk or semi-sweet, I prefer the semi-sweet)
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9x5 inch bread pan. In a medium-large bowl combine zucchini, greek yogurt, sugars, eggs, and vanilla and mix well.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and mix until all ingredients are incorporated. Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Transfer batter to prepared bread pan and bake for 55-65 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out "dry" (it can have chocolate on it but shouldn't be covered in wet batter).
- Allow to cool completely, then gently run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen the bread and remove it from the pan. Melt the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips and drizzle or spread on top of bread.
- Slice and serve or store in an airtight container for 4-5 days (at room temperature) or 5-10 days (chilled). If you want to store the bread to serve later, I recommend letting the drizzled chocolate cool completely (10-20 mins) before transferring to an airtight container.
Recipe adapted from Princess in the Kitchen.