One of my favorite places to get totally amazing pizza is California Pizza Kitchen, aka CPK. Ah-ma-gash I love that place. And my high school/college bestie Kelsi loves CPK as much as I do. We were regulars at the Provo location. Pretty sure we kept them in business.
Yesterday was super special because it was Kelsi’s wedding day. Woot woot. She was gorgeous to the max (as always) and they had an ice cream bar which is pretty much my dream come true. Seriously. My wedding was in the winter and it was freezing so we did a hot chocolate bar. That was pretty great. But guys. Ice cream. My other lover.
Anyway this pizza. It’s an ode to my newly-wed bestie. One of our favorite pizzas from CPK was the bbq chicken flatbread pizza, it’s crazzzzy good. And this recipe is an easy peasy homemade version on – – – – – > FLATBREAD. I adore flatbread. Particularly? Flatbread pizza. And if you buy your flatbread pre-made (which um, I totally do) it makes this pizza such a quick and amazing meal. Pizza par-tay at my house!
- 1 large store-bought flat bread pizza crust OR 2 medium flat breads (stonefire is my favorite)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- salt + pepper to taste
- 2 chicken breasts, pounded to ½ inch thickness
- ½ cup each of two different barbecue sauces (I used a hickory flavor, and a sweet chipotle version)
- 1 cup shredded mexican blend cheese
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ¼ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Season chicken breasts on both sides with garlic powder, chili powder, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat 5-6 minutes on each side until cooked through and juices run clear. Remove from heat and chop chicken into bite size pieces.
- In a small bowl whisk together bbq sauces. Spread sauce over flat bread. Sprinkle with cheese and then with onions. Top with chicken and finish by sprinkling the cilantro over the whole pizza. Bake 10-12 minutes until cheese is melted and starts to brown slightly. Slice and serve.