The best grilled chicken tacos marinade makes these the ultimate, healthy grilled tacos you’ll ever make!
It just hit me last night that we are on the downhill side of official grilling season and I’ve been wallowing in pity all day because grilling season is my FAVORITE. I grill all year round but it’s just not the same in the depths of winter in snow boots ya know.
But I’m riding this wave til the very end you guys, I’ve got a handful of grilling recipes left on my must-make-before-September list and I hope you aren’t sick of them yet because I’m not willing to wait until next may to share.
This recipe is for chicken tacos – but not just any chicken tacos, we are talking about the very best, juicy and tender and incredibly flavorful grilled chicken tacos and the trick to making all of that goodness happen is in the marinade. There’s nothing weird in it, just some simple ingredients in the right quantities. Whip it up, let your chicken hang out in the fridge for a little while, and then fix yourself the best grilled chicken tacos you’ll ever have – complete with all of your favorite toppings like grilled corn salsa, avocados, cilantro, and fresh squeezed lime juice!
- 4 boneless skinless breasts, pounded to even thickness
- 8-10 taco-sized flour or corn tortillas
- ⅓ cup oil
- juice of 2 limes
- zest of 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- toppings: corn salsa, avocados, cilantro
- Whisk together all marinade ingredients. Place chicken in a large resealable bag, add marinade, and seal bag. Chill for at least 30 minutes, or up to 3 hours.
- Remove chicken from bag and discard excess marinade. Grill over medium heat 6-8 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Transfer chicken to a platter and cover with foil. Allow to rest for 3-5 minutes. Thinly slice and serve in tortillas with your favorite toppings.