Easy, 3 ingredient oven roasted potatoes are the perfect go-to side dish for any meal. Quick, simple, and incredibly delicious!
I very seriously considered calling these the easiest and most delicious roasted potatoes known to mankind, but thought that was a bit of a mouthful. My second choice was “mother in law” potatoes, but ended up scratching off that idea as well because it isn’t really very descriptive and could potentially be taken the wrong way since my mother in law seems to be one of the exceptions to the rule and is in actually one of my favorite people in the world, instead of the dreaded meddlesome woman MILs can be. Mine is stellar. And not just because she introduced me to the easiest and tastiest-ever oven roasted potatoes, though it certainly has scored her some additional brownie points.
Or potato points.
When we joined my in-laws on a trip to Hawaii last month, we cooked a few of the nights and my mother in law fixed these potatoes with three simple ingredients. I was blown away by the flavor. How could something so easy taste so AMAZING?! Sometimes I feel like I have a love-hate relationship with side dishes because I love them enough to pass up a main dish, but I struggle to know what to serve with my main dishes.
If you can relate, your life is about to be changed. These easy roasted potatoes are the ace up your sleeve for busy weeknights, special occasions, and entertaining guests. So packed with flavor, no one will believe you when you share the easy-peasy recipe!
3 Ingredient Oven Roasted Potatoes
- 4 cups chopped potatoes - pieces should be no more than 1-inch, (red, yellow/golden, or brown potatoes all work fine, but red are my favorite)
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine potatoes and oil in a large resealable bag. Seal and shake to coat.
- Arrange potatoes in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle with the onion soup mix.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until potatoes are browned and easily pierced with a fork. Serve hot.