3 Ingredient rice krispie treat mummies are the perfect halloween party treat!
I know it’s a little bit early to be sharing my annual Halloween treat recipe (see here, and here, and here) but I’ve got a crazzzzy month coming up (seriously so stressful) and I’m trying really hard to get on the ball so that when Halloween rolls around I’m not stuck with the task of coming up with a Halloween food to bring to the yearly family party, as well as coordinating costumes for not only the husband and myself, but also the twin kidlets.
This just might be the easiest Halloween treat you will ever make, I kid you not. Three ingredients and about 1o minutes start to finish. And look how gosh darn CUTE they are!! If that’s not enough to convince you, I should let you know that they are addictively delicious. Ever tried a white chocolate rice krispie treat?? There’s something about the combination of white chocolate and gooey marshmallow that makes for pure sugar-overload-heaven. Which is what Halloween is all about anyway, right?
Rice Krispie Treat Mummies
- 6 snack-size rice krispie treats
- 3 cup white chocolate chips
- black edible piping gel - or icing, (found near cake decorating supplies)
- optional: red food coloring
- Unwrap rice krispie treats and set aside. Place white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on half power for 2 minutes. Stir and return to microwave for 20 seconds at a time (still on half power) stirring after each until chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Dip rice krispie treats in the chocolate being sure to coat the front and sides (the back side can remain uncovered). Place uncovered-side-down on a foil-lined plate or small baking sheet.
- Repeat process with remaining rice krispie treats. Transfer plate/baking sheet to fridge or freezer to cool for 2-3 minutes.
- While treats are cooling, spoon melted white chocolate into a small zip lock bag. Remove treats from fridge/freezer. Use scissors to snip off a tiny bit of one bottom corner of the chocolate-filled bag, then drizzle chocolate in a random pattern over the treats to create the look of mummy wrapping. Return treats to fridge or freezer for 1-2 minutes.
- Pipe two dots onto each rice krispie treat to create mummy eyes. (Optional step, dip a Q-tip in red food coloring and dap two dots onto the rice krispie treats before adding the eyes to create a creepy "bloodshot" look.) Serve or store in airtight container up to 1 week.