Easy 20-minute healthy cajun shrimp tacos with mango salsa are perfect for busy nights and full of amazing flavor!
You know how I feel about tacos. And if you’re new around here and you actually don’t know how I feel about tacos, let me assure you that I believe tacos to be the greatest invention and most wonderful edible creation in the history of the world and if they were to cease to exist I would instantly melt into a puddle of sadness and spend the rest of my days in misery.
Basically I think they’re pretty great.
We have tacos at our house at least once a week and they are easily the most common dish found on our kitchen table when I have nothing planned for dinner. Why? Let me count the reasons…
1) i love tacos
2) tacos are quick and easy to make
3) i really love tacos a lot
4) tacos are generally healthy
5) i very much heart me some tacos
and so on and so forth.
These Cajun shrimp tacos with mango salsa happened this last week and they are easily one of my favorite kind of tacos ever because they are made with my homemade Cajun seasoning which I cannot get enough of. (Recipe for Cajun seasoning is in the recipe notes!) Top it off with fresh mango salsa and I’m one happy camper ladies and gentlemen. Oh and did I mention you can make these beauties in just 20 minutes?? That’s right, twenty minutes is all you need (if that) to have some Cajun shrimp taco goodness for dinner tonight. DO IT! You won’t regret it.
P.S. They are a bit spicy. kbye.
Cajun Shrimp Tacos with Mango Salsa
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp (peeled, de-veined and tails removed)
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning (homemade OR see notes for my easy homemade seasoning)
- juice of one lime (plus additional lime wedges for serving)
- 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- 8 taco-sized flour tortillas
- 2 mangoes, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- Combine mangoes, onions, salt, chili powder, cilantro and lime juice in a bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Add shrimp to a large pan or skillet and bring to medium heat. Sprinkle with Cajun seasoning and stir until shrimp is pink and cooked through.
- Assemble tacos by divided cabbage between tortillas. Top with shrimp and mango salsa. Serve immediately with lime wedges for squeezing on top.
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon onion salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
heaping 1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes