Nothing screams summer like burgers on the grill and these Chipotle Barbeque Burgers are sure to please the whole party .
These are the burgers I told you about a few weeks ago. The ones I made with those amazing Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries & Fry Sauce. Those fries were really really good. So crispy. So flavorful. So easy. Which makes them ten times better.
But back to the burgers.
I mentioned when I made the fries that I also made these seriously tasty burgers, my first-ever burger recipe in fact. Except I really had no idea how good they would turn out, so I didn’t plan a shoot or anything.
And I really needed to refine my burger patty shaping skills before I shared these beauties with the world. Honestly, they really weren’t beauties the first time around. Tasty? Absolutely. But pretty? Mmm, not so much.
My husband is such a great sport, he’ll eat anything I make. Regardless of how it looks. Thankfully they ended up tasting over-the-top good and we sort of forgot to pay any attention to their lack of visual appeal.
This second round though, turned out much more aesthetically pleasing, don’t you think?
I’m really going to miss these bright summer colors in my food. I shouldn’t be such a negative nancy (it’s just an expression, please don’t take offense if your name is Nancy.) but I can’t help but dread the end of summer.
It might have something to do with the fact that my blood feels as though it ices over for nine months of the year starting in late September. With that in mind it’s really hard not to get attached to the few month s of the year I can achieve full range of motion in my limbs.
Tonight I tried to savor summertime with these delicious burgers. So juicy. So flavorful. So backyard barbecue warm weather appropriate. And the sauce is the real highlight. Creamy and delicious with a hearty kick from that chipotle pepper.
This recipe is so easy people. Easy and ridiculously yummy. Please make these. And don’t forget to invite me, I’m already craving them again.
Chipotle Barbecue Burgers
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon celery salt
- 4 hamburger buns
- ⅓ cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- ½ chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon onion powder
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- optional: tomatoes, pickles, lettuce, onion, avocado, cheese, - for topping
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse 15-20 times to thoroughly combine and puree chipotle pepper.
- Divide meat into 4 equal portions. Roll each portion into a ball with your hands, then flatten into a disc, making each patty center slightly thinner than around the edges. Mix together onion powder, salt, pepper, paprika, and celery salt. Sprinkle patties with seasonings on both sides and grill over medium heat for about 8 minutes per side, or until meat is cooked to your preferred doneness.
- Allow patties to rest for 3-5 minutes when removed from grill. Place patties on buns, smother with chipotle sauce, and add additional desired toppings.