Making wings at home has never been easier. My Crispy Baked Chicken Wings Recipe is so easy and results in crispy, classic wings!
Why This Recipe Works
Versatile: I like this crispy baked chicken wings recipe because it gives you the power to do whatever you want with the flavor. You can add your favorite seasonings or you can make your own wing sauce! I personally love a store bought honey BBQ, so you can also make things easy and get a store bought sauce.
Easy and Quick: This recipe can actually take you less than 30 minutes. You can spend a little more time on sides or just have a quick appetizer ready so fast!
Ingredients for Crispy Baked Chicken Wings
- Chicken Wings and Drumsticks– You can buy the chicken labeled party chicken which usually has a mixture of drumsticks and wings.
- Oil – essential for chicken wing crispiness!
- Flour– In order to get the wings crispy, you should dredge the chicken wings in flour seasoned with a little salt and pepper!
- Wing Sauce– Use my Homemade Buffalo Sauce recipe on these wings or your favorite store bought wing sauce!
Here’s How You Make It
Step by Step Instructions
- Use paper towels to pat the chicken wings all over until they are completely dry.
- Brush the wings with olive oil.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken wings in the flour mixture, making sure to coat all sides.
- Arrange the wings on a greased baking sheet. Spread the wings out with at least one inch in between each wing. As the wings bake, they let out steam which can mean that crowded wings will not become crispy.
- Bake the wings for 12 minutes. Then, switch the oven to broil for about 2-3 minutes.
- Take the wings out and brush them with your chosen sauce, then broil again for another 2-3 minutes. Brush with more sauce before serving and enjoy!
What is dredging?
Dredging is lightly coating a meat with flour before cooking it for a subtle crust. In this recipe, dredging the chicken wings will make them crispier. Once you add the sauce, you’ll still have a crispy skin underneath!
Expert Tips and Tricks
- Dry your chicken wings off with a paper towel before you dredge and bake them. The drier the skin is on your chicken, the crispier it’ll become in the oven!
- Make sure you don’t overcrowd your baking sheet with wings. Overcrowded wings means soggy skin. Each wing needs space to let out steam and this will crisp up the skin. If necessary, bake in batches.
- Brush the sauce onto the wings and then broil for a few minutes to warm up the sauce and give the wing the flavor of whatever sauce you chose. If you like them extra saucy, put some extra sauce on the wings after!
- If you have leftovers, store your wings in an airtight container for 3-4 days. To reheat, stick them in a low oven at around 300 for 4-5 minutes to warm them up.
What to Eat with Crispy Baked Wings
The side options for wings are endless, but I would recommend trying my Bacon Avocado Potato Salad, Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries, and my Quick and Creamy Cucumber Salad! Anything potato related, along with a green salad and some ranch would be delicious.
More Recipes Like This
- Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
- Baked Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedges
- Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Korean BBQ Chicken Wings
- Baked Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
If you make these perfectly crispy chicken wings, please come back and let me know what you think by rating the recipe below! And be sure to snap a photo and email it or tag me on social media, I love connecting with you and seeing your CDLC creations!
Crispy Baked Chicken Wings Recipe
- 1 ½ pounds chicken wings and drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ⅓ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup buffalo sauce - or other wing sauce, as desired
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Whisk together flour, salt, and pepper. Dredge chicken wings in the flour mixture coating all sides.
- Arrange wings on a greased baking sheet with at least 1 inch between wings.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Switch to broil for 2-3 minutes (be sure to watch closely so they don't burn). Brush with sauce, broil 2-3 minutes longer. Brush with sauce once more before serving. Enjoy!