Honey Lemon + Strawberry Tart – This sweet and creamy tart has a hint of honey and lemon and is topped with a strawberry drizzle!
So a tart? What is that exactly? A cross between a pie and a cheesecake maybe? That’s what I’m thinking but just to be sure I’ll just ask my good friend Webster. One moment please.
Alright I’m back. Annnnd here it is: tart (n) – a small pie filled with cooked fruit or other sweetened preparation, usually having no top crust. Add something about honey, lemons, and a strawberry drizzle and that pretty much sums up this dessert.
I was a little apprehensive about this here tart thingy because, well, I’m not a big fan of cheesecake. Or pie. So you can see why a hybrid of the two would deter me a bit. But you guys, this tart? Heaven to betsy it’s good stuff. Like – here’s a bite for the ten of you to share, and the rest is for me – good stuff. You catch my drift?
There’s a little bit of tartness (pun totally intended) from the lemon, a creamy quality from the honey, and a burst of berry flavor from the strawberry drizzle. And if that doesn’t sound like heaven just look at it. Isn’t she purdy?? Almost too pretty to eat.
Almost. Of course I ate it. All of it.
Honey Lemon & Strawberry Tart
- 1 2/3 cup flour
- 11 tablespoons chilled butter, diced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 12 ounces cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 4 tablespoons honey
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9-inch round baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add flour and butter to a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs form. Add sugar, salt, and water. Pulse a few more times until mixture comes together. Press dough into a ball and wrap with plastic wrap, then chill for about 15 minutes.
- While the dough is chilling, prepare the filling. Mix all filling ingredients in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Press dough into prepared baking dish. Place a sheet of wax paper on top f the crust and fill the dish with dry beans. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, remove beans and wax paper, and return to oven for 5 more minutes until crust is dry and firm but not browned.
- Fill the crust with the prepared filling. Bake about 30 minutes until set (shake the dish slightly, when it no longer jiggles, it's set). Chill 1 hour before serving. For the topping, combine strawberries, sugar, honey, and water in a blender and pulse until smooth. Drizzle over chilled tart and serve.