This leftover turkey corn chowder comes together in about 30 minutes and is the most delicious way to use up that leftover Thanksgiving turkey.
Am I getting a head of myself here, sharing recipes for leftover turkey when we haven’t actually even made and eaten that pre-leftover Thanksgiving turkey? Mayyyyyyybe…. but I’ve been tasting and testing out turkey recipes and this one can’t wait. On the off-chance you do have some leftover turkey lying around, you need this now and if not, you can bookmark this one for later.
Plus I’ll let you in on a secret (okay not that secret but still.) you can make this soup anytime using leftover shredded chicken – woot woot!! Not just for the week after Thanksgiving.
This creamy leftover turkey corn chowder comes together in about 30 minutes and tastes so good you’ll be glad you have leftover turkey from your TG day festivities. My favorite thing about this chowder is using both cream style corn and whole kernel sweet corn. That combination gives this soup it’s perfect texture.
What people are saying about this Leftover Turkey Corn Chowder
This soup is delicious! Just made it and tastes like heaven!” – Dalyla
“Took closer to an hour with all the chopping and shredding, but this chowder was a DELICIOUS way to use up some of our leftover Thanksgiving turkey, Yukon gold potatoes and celery! I ran to the store for the cream corn and red bell pepper but had everything else on hand and truly enjoyed this yummy chowder! No changes necessary!!”
“Super easy and DELISH! I omitted one of the cans of cream corn to lower the sugar factor, and added extra chicken broth instead. Will definitely make this again!” – Max
“This was wonderful. I even added the leftover gravy. I made it last night…eating it again tonight. Congrats on a wonderful Recipe!!!!” – Kendra
Leftover Turkey Corn Chowder
- 2 cups shredded leftover fully cooked turkey - (may sub shredded leftover fully cooked chicken)
- 2 15-ounce cans cream style corn
- 1 15-ounce can sweet yellow whole kernel corn
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 celery rib - chopped
- 1 red bell pepper - diced
- 2 cups cubed golden or red potatoes
- 1 ½ teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large stock pot combine cream style corn, whole kernel corn, broth, celery, bell peppers, potatoes, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder.
- Cover and simmer over medium heat for 20-25 minutes until potatoes are tender and easily pierced with a fork.
- Stir in turkey and season with salt and pepper. When turkey is heated through, serve and garnish with fresh parsley or thyme as desired.