Crispy Creole-flavored pan fried shrimp with a spicy dipping sauce! An easy 30 minute weeknight dinner shrimp lovers will go crazy for!
Sometimes I really wonder why I am living where I’m living and was born where I was born. Because I really have a soft spot for southern cooking and I was definitely not raised in the south. Granted, deep fryers scare me to death and I’ve somehow managed to never ever touch one, but maybe that would have been different had I been raised in the land of fried chicken, fried macaroni and cheese, fried everything.
And um, fried shrimp? Hello deliciousssss. My mouth is watering just looking at these pictures of Pan Fried Creole Shrimp because I remember how insanely yummy it was. These pan-fried shrimps are so easy and only take about 30 minutes start to finish. No marinating time and the prep is easy peasy. Just put your ingredients in three bowls and dip – dip – dip, then fry them up on the stove for a few minutes. And the dipping sauce is a) so freaking good, and b) requires practically no work at all because it uses the same seasoning you already used on the shrimp. I call it ingredient multi-tasking. If you can’t find any creole seasoning at your local grocery store you can order some online OR if you find cajun seasoning at the store – use that because it’s pretty similar to creole seasoning and you will love it. This recipe is perfect for a bit of down south, fried shrimp comfort with a little kick! So much flavor, so little time – now get crackin’ and make some Pan Fried Creole Shrimp for dinner!
Pan Fried Creole Shrimp + Spicy Dipping Sauce
- 1 pound large shrimp - peeled, de-veined, and tails removed, (you can keep them on and remove them after they are cooked if you prefer)
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning - divided
- ⅓ cup flour
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- ⅓ cup mayo
- Preheat a large nonstick pan or skillet over medium-high heat with about 3 teaspoons of olive oil.
- Wash shrimp and pat dry with a paper towel or other clean towel. Place panko crumbs in a small bowl. In a second bowl whisk together flour and 1 tablespoon creole seasoning. In a third bowl, whisk together egg and milk. Dip shrimps into the flour, tossing to coat. Then dip them in the egg mixture, and finally into the panko crumbs.
- Add shrimp to preheated pan (if your pan is not big enough, do half of the shrimp at a time) and cook 3-4 minutes on the first side, until browned. Carefully flip shrimp and cook 3-4 minutes on second side. Don't stir the shrimp around, they will lose their coating. Transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel to absorb any extra oil.
- In a small bowl whisk together mayo and remaining creole seasoning. Serve as dipping sauce with the shrimp. Enjoy!
Adapted from “The New Way To Cook Light”