Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bundt Cake – The absolute perfect centerpiece and hit dessert item for your holiday party this season!
Sometimes I think I’ve had a stroke of brilliance but then I find out I am not actually quite as brilliant as I thought. I told my mother I was making a cake. A pumpkin cake. No, a real pumpkin cake. A cake that actually looks like a pumpkin. But still tastes like cake. Pumpkin cake.
Well then my mother says to me, “oh that reminds me, did I show you that cake I found that I thought you should make??” No mother you did not. “Oh well let me show you!” she says.
Oh hey… that looks like the cake sitting in my kitchen right now…
I guess I’m not so genius. Or I am, but someone else was genius before me.
Maybe you have made a pumpkin cake that looks like a pumpkin before and you’re thinking right now, okay seriously, been there done that.
I’m sorry. Please forgive me for borrowing your genius.
Regardless of the fact that this cake is not wholly original and I’m sure you may find other like it on Pinterest, the point is that I made this cake and it was delicious and beautiful and now I’m going to share it with you.
And by the way, all of my non-Pinteresty party attendees were absolutely wowed by this cake. They truly thought it was genius. And my more Pinterest-savvy attendees still adored it, even if they did throw in a “oh how cute, I saw that on Pinterest!”.
Sometimes it isn’t about being the first ever to do something. Sometimes it’s just about doing it at all. Early or late, doesn’t matter. I made this cake and I loved it, and I’m pretty sure you will too!
What people are saying about this Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bundt Cake
“This recipe was fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The moistest cake I have ever had.” – Paula
“I made this for Thanksgiving this weekend and it was delicious! … I could have halved the icing recipe for my purposes. It was a BIG hit and everyone loved it….pretty straightforward to make and would definitely make this again. Thanks for sharing it!” – Lori
“Made this for my son’s birthday (as a single cake) but frosted with a butter cream frosting with Bailey’s caramel irish cream for an added kick. It was fabulous! This is a delicious moist cake. Thanks for the pin.” – Maribeth
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bundt Cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix - sifted
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¾ cup pumpkin
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup sugar
Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese - softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 3 ½ cup powdered sugar
- 5-6 tablespoons milk
- red and yellow food coloring
- optional: real pumpkin stem
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a round bundt pan and set aside. In a large bowl combine cake mix, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and sugar and whisk to mix well. Mix in eggs, pumpkin, and vanilla.
- In another bowl beat cream cheese, sugar, and egg until creamy. Mix in cinnamon and vanilla. Pour half of cake batter into prepared bundt pan.
Cream Cheese Filling
- Add cream cheese and sugar to a medium sized bowl. Cream together until combined. Add egg, cinnamon, and vanilla and mix well. Spread cream cheese mixture on top of the pumpkin batter in cake pan. Top with remaining cake batter. Bake 50-60 minutes or until inserted knife comes out mostly clean.
- Mix together powdered sugar and milk in a microwave safe bowl. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon yellow food coloring. Add red coloring 2-3 drops at a time until icing is the desired shade of orange.
- Warm icing in microwave (20-30 seconds) until pourable consistency is reached. Pour icing over cake. Allow to cool and set. Top with optional pumpkin stem. Slice and serve at room temperature.
When I saw your recipe on pinterest, I could not stop thinking about it all week. Back in my college and the few years after during the fall I would stop into Starbucks for one of their pumpkin cream cheese muffins. I currently live about 2 hours away from the nearest Starbucks. Of the many recipes I have pinned and found on pinterest, this is the only one that I could not get out of my head. I have a mum flower bundt pan which is going to be the shape of mine. Thank you so much for sharing your recipe, and thank you so much for having a wonderful layout for printing.
Should I double the icing recipe as well? Or will the ingredients listed be enough to cover both bundt cakes?
The ingredients listed for the icing will cover the bunt cakes as much as you see in the pictures, if you would like both of the cakes to be completely covered with no brown cake showing, double the recipe! 🙂
This is just soooo lovely!
Can you use spreadable cream cheese
I do use spreadable cream cheese in some of my recipes as a substitute for block cream cheese and it works well with some, and no so well with others. I haven’t tried it with this recipe so I can’t say for sure but I would suggest using block style cream cheese if at all possible!
Original or not, this cake looks so perfect for Fall! If it tastes as good as it looks, I’m sure this is going to become a family favorite! Thanks for sharing! : )
Thanks Lori!!! 🙂