Easy 3 ingredient cookies n’ cream mummy bark is the perfect fun and spooky halloween treat.
We’re gearing up for Halloween in our house a little early this year and I’m having a heck of a time deciding what on earth to dress my kids up as. Having one year old twins, I’m feeling all of this pressure to come up with a clever and adorable twin-costume idea but as much as I rack my brain it’s just not happenin’. And of course it needs to be homemade right? Gahhhhhh. Let’s add the fact that we’re moving this week – buying and selling a home with two little crazy rugrats is no joke – and the stress is really rising fast.
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 8 chocolate sandwich cookies (Oreos)
- candy eyes
- Chop cookies into quarters and set aside. (Be sure to keep the bits and crumbs that fall aside when you're chopping the cookies).
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on half power for 2 minutes. Stir, return to microwave for 20 seconds at a time stirring after each until smooth. Transfer ¼ cup of the chocolate to a resealable plastic bag and set aside.
- Set aside the large cookie pieces and add the rest of the bits and crumbs to the white chocolate and stir to combine.
- Pour chocolate onto a foil-lined baking sheet. Use the back of a spoon to spread chocolate to ⅛ inch thickness. Press reserved cookie pieces into the chocolate. Put the baking sheet in the fridge or freezer for 2-5 minutes until chocolate cools completely.
- Snip the corner of the plastic bag and drizzle reserved chocolate over the cooled chocolate and cookies. Press candy eyes into drizzled chocolate in pairs to create mummy eyes.
- Return to fridge or freezer until completely cooled. Use a butter knife to cut into chocolate to break into pieces and serve or store in airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week.