Creamy and rich pumpkin nog (kid friendly & egg-free)! is perfect for the holiday season, made with simple, wholesome ingredients like milk and puréed pumpkin.
Tis the season for all things creamylicious and sweet! I feel like I hit a pretty good balance of nutritious and decadent both in my life, and here on Creme de la Crumb. Today is a decadent day. Because it’s Wednesday and because, well I’m just craving creamy pumpkin goodness right now so darn it, I’m having myself a glass of homemade pumpkin-nog made with real milk! With whipped cream and probably a little caramel.
This sweet treat is easy to whip up with ingredients I keep stocked on the regular like wholesome and naturally nutrient-rich milk. While this drink is creamy and decadent, I feel better about enjoying this sweet treat given the inclusion of milk, a simple ingredient. Plus pumpkin purée, which believe it or not, I actually do keep in my house all year round. I stock up in the Fall to make sure I’ve got some on hand in case the craving for pumpkin hits hard mid-spring. That being said, it never tastes quite as good as it does when my Autumn wreath is on the door and I’m wearing a sweater.
This kid-friendly fun and festive holiday drink is the perfect way to get your pumpkin fix this season!
Pumpkin Nog (kid friendly & egg-free)
- 2 ½ cups fat free milk
- 4 tablespoons real maple syrup
- ¼ cup pumpkin purée
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice - plus more for serving if desired
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 5 tablespoons sugar free instant vanilla pudding mix
- ¾ cup canned light whipping cream
- Combine milk, maple syrup, pumpkin purée, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, and ginger in a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Stir in instant vanilla pudding. Cover and chill until thickened slightly.
- Serve immediately, cold, or transfer to a sauce pan and heat until hot throughout. Top with 1/4 cup whipped cream and, if desired, 1 tablespoon caramel sauce. Garnish with additional pumpkin pie spice for serving and serve.
This recipe is in partnership with Milk Life. Be sure to follow on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram for more delicious recipe ideas.
It sounds delicious!