Fresh mangoes, raspberries, juicy grilled chicken and candied cashew give this salad a huge burst of flavor! A quick and healthy meal in less than 30 minutes!
I’m having a miniature heart attack because I’ve recently come to the painful realization that summer is half way over and I’m really struggling to keep myself from burying my head in my pillow and crying uncontrollable. I love summer way too much. And I really dread those months blanketed in fluffy white frozen stuff.
Ewe. don’t even talk about it. I just became nauseous.
Instead of considering what to do when the summer ends, I’m currently in denial, stuffing my face with hoards of edible summer things. Namely raspberries and mangoes. This salad? My new love. Red raspberries and tropical mangoes make the perfect delicious combo and the candied cashews just, ah, so perfect. You can use store bought dressing or (actually it’s not an option) you can whip up a super quick and ultra tasty vinaigrette using more fresh raspberries. Because really, can one ever have enough of those little summer treasures??
Raspberry Mango Chicken Cashew Salad
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts - pounded to ½ inch thickness
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6-8 cups lettuce
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 large mangoes - sliced
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup cashews
- ⅓ cup sugar
Homemade Raspberry Vinaigrette
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar - (white or apple cider)
- If using dressing recipe: Add all dressing ingredients to blender or food processor and pulse until smooth. Cover and chill until salad is ready.
- Add cashews and sugar to a medium pan and continuously stir over high heat until sugar is melted and cashews are coated. Transfer to a pan or glass plate and allow to cool.
- Season chicken with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Grill over medium heat (OR you can cook them in a nonstick pan or skillet on the stove over medium heat as well) until chicken is cooked through.
- Top lettuce with raspberries, mangoes, chicken, cashews, and drizzle with dressing and top with feta cheese.