Flavorful creamy chicken made in the slow cooker, then rolled up in soft tortillas and baked or a few minutes until crispy! An easy and tasty meal you’ll want to make again and again!
The Cinco de Mayo foodie festivities are continuing around here.I suppose we are sort of working in reverse here with churros for dessert yesterday and cream cheese chicken taquitos for dinner today. But that’s just how we do it around here. We totally have ice cream before carrots and breakfast for dinner. We like to keep things interesting.
Slow cooker meals are some of my favorites. For one thing, the whole set-it-and-forget-it part really speaks to me. I’m especially good at the forgetting part. I love that dinner time rolls around and suddenly it’s “oh hey we should eat something. Hey look at that, dinner is ready!”.
These cream cheese chicken taquitos are one of the easiest dishes you will ever make. And one of the yummiest! The cream cheese chicken is creamy and flavorful, seasoned perfectly with just a couple of spices. Just throw it all in the crock pot and a few hours it’s ready to be rolled up and thrown in the oven for a few minutes to get nice n’ crispy.
My husband, who is not normally a big taquito-lover , went crazy for these! We were practically in tears when the last one was gone and we already have plans to make them again! Perfect for Cinco de Mayo or any other day of the year!!
What people are saying about these Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Chicken Taquitos
“I made these today for like the 3rd or 4th time because we love them so much! I added a little pepper jack cheese along with a mexican blend shredded cheese and I also cooked some green pepper and green chiles with the chicken mix in the crock pot. Turned out delish!” – Lacey
“Thank you for this incredibly easy and delicious recipe! I am a total beginner and it was such a success I am moving on to your other recipes and keeping this one a favorite to use again and again for sure thank you for sharing!” – Amber
“This recipe is amazing!! I made it last night for my family! My dad, who’s the cook in our house, said he would pay money for that in a restaurant! Absolutely phenomenal! Thank you so much for this recipe! Definitely going into the favorite recipes folder!!” – Brianna
“I tried it tonight, it was delicious! My husband and picky 2 years love them I added white onion and used pressure cooker instead of crock pot( because that was very last minute decision to make this) but it turned out good! I also added sower cream on chicken mixture before rolling the taquito:) I will make them again, thanks for the great and easy recipe!” – Naomi
Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Chicken Taquitos
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper - to taste
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ⅓ cup water
- ½ cup shredded colby or Mexican blend cheese
- 12 6 inch corn or flour tortillas
- optional: cilantro, salsa, sour cream, or other toppings as desired
- Add chicken, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, salt and pepper to taste, cream cheese, and water to crock pot. Cover and cook on low 8 hours or on high 4 hours.
- Minutes before serving, remove chicken from crock pot, shred with two forks, and return to slow cooker. Give it a stir. Let it cook about 15 minutes longer.
- Preheat oven to 400. Place about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture onto the middle of each tortilla. Top with 1-2 tablespoons shredded cheese. Roll tightly and place in a single layer on a greased baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes, until tortillas are slightly browned and shredded cheese is melted. Serve with desired toppings and sauces.