Hearty 30-minute Stuffed Pepper Soup! Easy to make and chock-full of flavor!
Happy SoupDay!!! Oh I mean Sunday. Happy Sunday. But lets put that on the shelf for a quick second and discuss leaves. Fallen leaves.
A LOT of crispy autumn fallen leaves.
Yesterday our entire yard, the whole thing, was completely blanketed in fallen autumn leaves. I am not exaggerating (what? I never exaggerate…) when I say that we couldn’t see an inch of grass in our yard, it was nothing but leaves. A whole carpet of it. And my poor husband spend the whole day trying to clean them up. I mean they’re pretty, don’t get me wrong! But we live in Utah. Where it snows. Have you ever tried to clean up wet leaves? Or better yet, frozen ones?
Normally we’d spend several weekends trying to get the mess cleaned up but next weekend we are blessing the twins with 50 guests to feed (read: I am feeling overwhelmed) and then the following day we are headed down south for a couple of weeks. I wish I could say we were going somewhere tropical but Southern Utah is about as close as we are going to get.
I also wish I could say it was for a vacation but it’s for my husband’s work.
But still. It’s almost always warmer down there than it is up here so I’m on board y’all.
Here it’s been frigid. Admittedly, I get chilled easily, it’s true. I wear sweats all year round and my fingers are nearly always icy. But it has been cold lately by just about anyone’s standards and there’s nothing that sounds better to me on a cold November day than a big bowl of hearty, savory soup. This stuffed pepper soup is pretty much exactly what you’d thing it was from reading the title: everything you love about a cheesy stuffed pepper in the form of a warm-you-up comforting soup. And it’s quick and easy parcheesy – just 30 minutes start to finish and just one pot to clean up!
Stuffed Pepper Soup
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large onion - diced
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 29-ounce cans tomato sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 3 bell peppers - diced
- ¾ cup minute rice - uncooked
- shredded cheese - for topping
- Add ground beef, diced onion, garlic, and olive oil to a large stock pot. Saute over medium heat 2-3 minutes until fragrant and onions are tender.
- Add beef broth, tomato sauce, cajun seasoning, bell peppers and rice and simmer on medium-low heat for 20 minutes.
- Taste and add salt and pepper to taste if desired. Top with shredded cheese and serve hot.