Sorry to throw off your New Year healthy eating plan but… this has to be shared. Just look at all that decadent goodness in one place. It’s almost like a dream, too good to be true. Do you see what happens at my house when I have ice cream and chocolate chips available and am really in a sprinkle mood?? Crazy things happen, crazy things.
Do you see what this is all about? It’s about a love affair between cookie dough, sprinkles, hot fudge and caramel sauce. If we are being honest, I don’t even like maraschino cherries, I took it off of mine, but it’s a Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Hot Fudge Sundae, so I felt like the cherry really needed to be there, for the sake of properly honoring good old fashioned malt-shoppe sundaes. What’s even more dangerous about this whole situation though, is that this over-the-top crazy-good ice cream parfait comes together in like, 10 minutes tops. Ah! How can you resist when it’s that delicious and that easy??? You can’t! You should go make this, right now, your healthy eating goals can take a momentary break, they need to recharge anyway.
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- hot fudge sauce
- caramel sauce
- chopped peanuts
- optional: sprinkles, maraschino cherries
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup flour
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoons mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- Prepare the cookie dough: Cream together butter and sugars. Add vanilla, salt, flour, and milk and mix to combine. Stir in chocolate chips. Use immediately, or wrap in plastic ready and chill until ready to prepare sundaes.
- Place 1 cup ice cream in the bottom of each of two glasses (you could also do this in mason jars!) Add ¼ of the cookie dough to each glass. Top with hot fudge sauce (as much as you would like, at room temperature). Add another cup of ice cream on top of hot fudge. Split the cookie dough in half and and each half to the glasses. Top with more hot fudge sauce (warm), caramel sauce (warm), chopped peanuts, sprinkles and maraschino cherries if desired. Dig in!