Juicy and tender, baked balsamic chicken with seasonings and an easy homemade balsamic glaze.
Well this has been an interesting experience. It’s been 6 days since I last shared a new recipe with you and that is basically for-e-ver when you have been sharing recipes 4-5 times a week for the past year and seven times a week for the year and half before that. And that’s including when I had morning sickness while I was pregnant with my twins last year! Before you jump to any conclusions, I’m not going anywhere. This blog isn’t going anywhere. We’re still here and we are sticking around whether you like it or not. It’s just been a weird week.
Last week I attended a photography workshop (my first ever because I am 100 percent self taught) in Minnesota and honestly it was life-changing. Life changing for someone who is passionate about photography and has built their career on that passion. But at the end I thought woah, I need to step up my game. You know when you look back at pictures of yourself in high school and think why on earth did my mother allow me to leave the house looking like that?!! No? You had perfect style and taste in high school? Okay well some of us were wearing some pretty funky stuff and when I look back I just want to hide under my bed. That’s how I felt this past week about my food photography. Looking back I think oh my word, why did no one tell me it was awful!?
But I’m not going to hide under my bed, and I’m not going to trash every recipe photo I’ve ever taken (partly because it’s scattered across three billion lightyears of internetspace and would be impossible) but I’m going to take what I learned and use it to (hopefully) make some big strides. While I was pondering all of that for 3-4 days, I didn’t post any new recipes and then when I thought I was ready to jump back in and share some goodness with you I ran into technical difficulties. Basically couldn’t upload a single photo to this blog – a blogger’s worst nightmare, cause who wants to hear about how incredibly amazing this baked balsamic chicken is if you can’t see it??? Yeah nobody.
BUT. The technical issues have been resolved. My mind has been cleared and I’m beyond excited to share a zillion and one more recipes with you. So let’s get back to the balsamic chicken, yeah?
What is this exactly? A 30 minute meal you will want to repeat over and over and over and over and… you get the idea. The chicken gets browned just for a couple of minutes on the stove and then goes straight into the oven. Meanwhile you are making that heavenly balsamic glaze in a sauce pan which seriously involved a couple of stirs and then watching it simmer while the chicken bakes. SO easy. And then you brush that glaze all over your chicken and voila! Seriously the best baked balsamic chicken on your kitchen table.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Season chicken with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Drizzle a pan or skillet with oil (about 2 teaspoons is fine) and cook chicken for 1-2 minutes on each side over medium-high heat, just to brown the very outside of the chicken.
- Transfer chicken to a greased baking sheet or large casserole dish. Cover with foil and bake in preheated oven for 15minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, make the balsamic glaze. In a small-medium sauce pan whisk together balsamic vinegar, sugar, honey, and salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce to medium-low heat and allow to simmer while chicken is cooking. The liquid should reduce by half after 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Uncover chicken and brush some of the balsamic glaze on top of the chicken. Return to oven (uncovered) and bake another 5-10 minutes until chicken is completely cooked through. Drizzle remaining balsamic glaze over chicken and serve. Garnish with fresh parsley or rosemary if desired.
If you liked this…
Baked Balsamic Chicken
then you’ll love this Easy Healthy Baked Lemon Chicken!