Quick and simple, Honey Balsamic Bruschetta Salmon has incredible flavors and requires just 30 minutes of hands-on cooking time. An instant favorite for salmon lovers!
This is heaven on a plate I tell you. Flaky pan-seared honey butter salmon, tangy and sweet honey balsamic glaze, fresh-grated parmesan cheese and chopped basil…
Truly heaven, my friends. I really have to wonder if weeknight dinners can possibly get any easier or tastier than this 30 minute dish right here.
The process is SO simple. After making this dish just once, you’ll feel like a complete pro and will be able to whip it up anytime at the drop of a hat. Just start by seasoning your salmon with salt and pepper to taste while a little butter is melting in a large skillet.
Stir some honey into that melted butter and then pan-sear your salmon to golden, flaky perfection for about 6-8 minutes on each side.
Be careful not to move the salmon other than one time when you need to flip it. Moving it too much will prevent it from browning well and getting that delicious caramelization around the edges that is positively swoon-worthy. If you move it before the first side is seared enough, the salmon will likely fall apart as well, so just be patient and let the honey butter do it’s thing!
Top the salmon with some juicy cherry tomatoes, grated parmesan cheese, fresh basil, and the BEST two-ingredient honey balsamic glaze. If you haven’t made a balsamic reduction before, you will be shocked at how easy (and delicious!!) it is! Honestly all it requires is just letting it boil on the stove for a while – easy peasy.
This is my favorite balsamic glaze and it compliments so many sides and main dishes, but none better than this salmon! This is everything you love about fresh bruschetta but in a main dish the whole family will love and beg you to make again and again.
What people are saying about this Honey Balsamic Bruschetta Salmon
“This is delicious! It was easy to make and turned out great! My family loved it! I will definitely be making it again!” – Kristin
“This was AMAZING! Definitely a keeper! Thanks so much for sharing!” – Jasmine
“This was delicious! I cooked it under the broiler instead. yum!” – Laura
Honey Balsamic Bruschetta Salmon
- 4 6-ounce salmon fillets
- salt and pepper to taste - (I use about ¾ teaspoon salt and ⅛ teaspoon pepper)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 7 tablespoons honey - divided
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes - halved or quartered
- ⅓ cup fresh basil - thinly sliced
- ¼ cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- cracked black pepper - for topping
- In a medium sauce pan, bring balsamic vinegar to a boil. Continue to cook 10-12 minutes until liquid has reduced by half. Stir in 4 tablespoons of honey and simmer for another 2-5 minute or until mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Transfer to a heat-safe bowl or jar to cool while you cook the salmon.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper. Melt butter in a large pan or skillet. Stir in the remaining 3 tablespoons of honey.
- Transfer salmon to a skillet and cook over medium heat for 6-8 minutes, being sure not to move the salmon while cooking, then flip the salmon over and cook for another 6-8 minutes until cooked through and browned on both sides.
- Top salmon with tomatoes and cracked black pepper. Drizzle with the honey balsamic glaze, then top with parmesan cheese and fresh basil. Serve immediately.