Soft and fluffy, this sweet almond glazed Easter Nest Almond Ring is easy to make and perfect for Easter and other special springtime occasions!
You guys, it is officially spring and I’m going out of my mind with happiness about it! Seriously, this past winter could not end soon enough and now that the warmer temps are here and we have crocuses and baby carrot tops popping out of the dirt, I’m in the mood for cooking and baking ALL the springtime eats.
This almond ring Easter egg nest is SO simple to make with the help of Fleischmann’s® RapidRise™ Yeast. The dough is basic and requires minimal effort and rising time, but comes out perfectly soft, airy, and flaky with nutty almond undertones and a sweet cream cheese almond glaze that will make you swoon. I honestly can’t think of a better way to kick off Spring and celebrate Easter. This Italian bread recipe is really for anyone to enjoy at any time of year, especially in spring!
A fun little bonus here is that those eggs become hardboiled after baking with the ring, so you’ve got a darling festive breakfast treat and some hardboiled eggs leftover for snacks or salads, (#winning) I just used a simple robin-egg-blue dye for my eggs but you can get creative and even get the kids involved in dying fun colored eggs for this tasty almond ring egg nest. It really is the perfect recipe to bake a little extra for friends and family. It can even serve as an adorable and edible centerpiece for Easter!
- 3-1/2 to 4 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 envelopes Fleischmann’s® RapidRise™ Yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup water
- ⅓ cup milk
- ¼ cup butter
- 7 eggs, divided (5 eggs should be dyed with food coloring)
- 1½ teaspoons almond extract
- ½ cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine 1-1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast, and salt in a large mixer bowl. Heat water, milk and butter until very warm (120° to 130°F) on the stove or in the microwave in a heat-safe bowl. Stir into flour mixture. Stir in 1 egg, almonds, almond extract, and enough remaining flour to make soft dough.
- Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 6 to 8 minutes. Cover and allow to rest on floured surface 10 minutes.
- Divide dough in half; roll each half to 30-inch rope. Loosely twist ropes together. Place twisted rope on large greased baking sheet; shape into circle and pinch ends together to seal. Place 5 colored eggs, evenly spaced, on dough, pressing between ropes in twist. Cover, allow to let rise in warm, place until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- Beat remaining egg with 1 tablespoon water; brush over dough (don't brush on the eggs). Bake at 350°F for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown on top and no longer doughy. Remove from sheet and allow to cool on wire rack.
- While ring is cooling, prepare the glaze. Cream together cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add almond extract and vanilla and mix well. Mix in powdered sugar until incorporated. (You can add a little milk to thin if needed). Drizzle over almond ring and serve.
This post is in partnership with Fleischmann’s® Yeast.