Baked Cinnamon French Toast Muffins are quick, delicious, and fun for the whole family with a cinnamon sugar topping and easily frozen for on-the-go breakfasts!
Easy breakfasts are our lifeblood around here. If you can relate, try Blueberry Cream Cheese French Toast Muffins, Baked Croissant Breakfast Sandwich, and Overnight Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole.
This post is sponsored by Horizon Organic – all opinions are my own.
Say hello to my new favorite breakfast! Not only is it incredibly delicious, but it pleases the whole family – even my picky toddlers! – and can be frozen and reheated for individual breakfasts on the go. And it’s FRENCH TOAST in a cute little MUFFIN. What’s not to love here??
These tasty little breakfast beauties are made in about 35 minutes and only call for 6 – that’s right SIX – ingredients. You’ll want to use thick sliced Texas toast style bread for this recipe. That’s my number one tip for soft and fluffy, never overly dense, French toast muffins.
Slice the bread into cubes and place it in a large bowl. Next you’ll whisk together eggs, vanilla, sugar, and some Horizon Organic Whole Milk and pour it over your bread cubes. I encourage my family to live a healthy lifestyle by fueling them with ingredients I know are delicious and nutritious, like Horizon Organic Milk. Knowing I’m packing wholesome goodness into these French toast muffins makes me that much happier about my family devouring every last one from the batch.
Once you’ve got the bread and egg mixture all tossed together, fill your muffin tin, being sure to pack each one really full – don’t be afraid to let the bread cubes extend above the pan, the higher the better! Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar over the top (my favorite part!) and bake for about 20 minutes until golden brown and your kitchen smells like cinnamon-sugar heaven.
Drizzle with syrup or sprinkle with powdered sugar for the ultimate family-friends breakfast treat. Let any extras cool completely before wrapping and freezing for quick and easy individual breakfasts throughout the week! These Baked Cinnamon French Toast Muffins are completely delicious and so easy to make, I know you and your family will go nuts for them!
If you like this recipe, you’re going to love my Overnight French Toast Casserole!
Baked Cinnamon French Toast Muffins
- 14 slices Texas toast style bread
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups Whole Milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons sugar - divided
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- powdered sugar or syrup for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 12-cavity muffin tin. Cut bread slices into cubes and place in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl whisk together milk, eggs, vanilla, and 3 tablespoons sugar. Pour over bread cubes, then gently stir to coat all the cubes in the egg mixture. Fill muffin tins with soaked bread cubes, packing gently to fill all of the cavity space.
- In a small bowl whisk together remaining 3 tablespoons sugar, and cinnamon. Sprinkle over muffins. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and bake through the middle.
- Serve warm topped with powdered sugar or syrup. To freeze for later, wrap individually in plastic wrap. To reheat, unwrap and microwave for 30-60 seconds.
Am i just overlooking it but i don’t see how many eggs in the ingredients?
Hey Laura- sorry about that! My mistake. I’ve fixed it. I used 6 eggs.
It states 6 eggs
How many eggs in this recipe?
Hi Tammy- My mistake! I fixed it! I used 6 eggs.
Could you also fix the french toast muffins in a 9X13 casserole pan? If so, How wOuld you Alter tHe recipe?
Hi Kim! Yes, the french toast can be made in a casserole pan! You will just need to increase the baking time by maybe 10-15 minutes until the center is fully cooked through and no longer gooey.
Ingredient list doesn’t specify eggs. How many eggs? Otherwise looks awesome
Hi Jared- That was my mistake! I used 6 eggs!
Hello, you forgot to list eggs in the INGREDIENTS, as in how many?
Hi Fran- My mistake. I fixed it! I used 6 eggs.