Tender, pink, Baked Salmon with Creamy Avocado Sauce in foil, then drizzled with zesty creamy avocado sauce!
Also, I am mailing hard copies of my final senior thesis to my University committee members today and I cannot convey my relief that this nightmarish project is almost over.
Yayyyyy – let’s celebrate with salmon.
There she is – juicy, flakey pink salmon wrapped in foil and baked to perfection.
A thing of seafood beauty.
And the co-star of the show, creamy avocado sauce. We’re talking avocado + cilantro + lime + garlic all wrapped into one drizzly saucy thing you’ll want to pour, dip, and drench your food in.
Seafood has been my bread and butter these past few weeks or so – I always love it but for some reason lately I’ve been craving it like it’s going out of style. This salmon is so easy to make, healthy, and dang delicious!!
Baked Salmon with Creamy Avocado Sauce
- 4 small salmon fillets - OR 2 large fillets (skin removed)
- ½ lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large ripe avocado
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- milk or water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a large piece of foil and grease lightly.
- Place fillets in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Squeeze the lemon half to drizzle juice over the salmon fillets. Season both sides with salt and pepper to taste . Wrap the edges of the foil over the salmon fillets - this helps to keep them moist! Bake for about 15-10 minutes or until flakey and tender.
- While salmon is baking, prepare the sauce. Add avocado, cilantro, lime juice, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt to a blender or food processor and pulse several times. Add milk or water 2-3 tablespoons at a time until mixture reaches a pourable consistency. Chill until ready to serve.
- When salmon is fully cooked, drizzle with avocado sauce. If desired, serve salmon with additional chopped cilantro, fresh limes or lemons for squeezing, and rice.
there is a discrepancy with ingredients vs directions.. the ingredients say LEMON juice in the sauce and the directions say lime juice??? which is it?
Sorry about that typo- should all be lime juice. The recipe is updated!