This easy grilled lemon garlic shrimp is healthy, incredibly flavorful, and quick to make with FIVE simple ingredients!
I’m one of those people who, when they fall, fall hard. And I don’t mean that I’m accident-prone. (though, to be totally honest, I am) But I’m talking about how I feel about something. If I like it, I love it, and if I love it, I’m pretty much obsessed. It happened when I had my first ballet class at four years old, the first time I tried on skinny jeans and ankle socks, when I met my husband – obvi cause he’s annoyingly perfect – and it’s happened at least three hundred and seventy two times when I have heard a new song, immediately downloaded it on my iPod, and then put it on repeat til I have it memorized backwards and forwards and can play it in my head anytime I want.
I think I’m an obsessor. Is that a thing? It’s gotta be a thing. Cause I am one. Big time. Maybe passionate is a better word for this… Let’s roll with it. I’m passionate you guys, to the umpteenth degree.
If it isn’t blatantly obvious by now, I really really really love food. LOVE food. And my passionate side comes out with food all. the. time. I’m definitely the kind of person who has to have something different every day for lunch or dinner. I am a classic pb+j overeater and If I am on one of my kicks, I’ll just eat the same thing for dinner four nights in a row. I’ve done it, not ashamed of it. Like I said, when I fall, I fall hard.
A couple of weeks ago I made a butter sauce, died, went to heaven, and came back reincarnated as The Butter Sauce Queen. True story. And the first way I’m going to show you how to use it is with this easy grilled lemon garlic shrimp.
I am so incredibly head over heels for this shrimp, I am actually going to beg you to make it just so that you can know the joy I’ve had in my life these past two weeks. Pretty pretty pretty please, if you like shrimp at all – even just don’t mind it but don’t love it either – please make this. It can be your main dish or appetizer. I don’t care. Just make it. eat it. love it. and be a passionate butter sauce person with me please.
Easy Grilled Lemon Garlic Shrimp
- 2 pounds medium or large shrimp - peeled and deveined
- 8 tablespoons butter
- zest and juice of 1 lemon - (about 2 tablespoons of juice and however much zest you can get from the lemon)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Oil and preheat grill to medium-high. Skewer the shrimp onto metal or wooden skewers (if using wooden, be sure to soak them in water for 30 minutes before to keep them from burning).
- Add butter to a small sauce pan. Melt completely, then bring to a boil. Stir in lemon zest, lemon juice, and garlic and stir over medium heat for about a minute until garlic starts to brown a little bit. Remove from heat.
- Brush both sides of the shrimp with butter sauce. Sprinkle shrimp with Italian seasoning.
- Grill shrimp 5-8 minutes on each side until cooked through and starting to brown just slightly.
- Drizzle remaining lemon butter mixture over the shrimp (for a lighter meal, don't use up all of the butter sauce) and serve immediately.