French Onion Dip From Scratch – French onion dip is always a hit, but this from-scratch version is ten times better than pre-mixed dips from the store!
You know it’s love when your husband takes cooking orders from you while you’re lying sick on the couch. Too sick to cook but the show must go on. So there I was with a blanket and a book, shouting instructions toward the kitchen. He did a marvelous job. It turned out just as I hoped: incredibly delicious French Onion Dip from scratch.
We took this dip to my in-laws for Thanksgiving dinner round three this weekend. Everyone loved it! I loved the intense flavors and especially the bacon, it’s a must. That may be an unusual addition but I promise it is absolutely delicious! Sprinkle that bacon right on top, stir it in, you’ll love it! This dip is so easy, it’s hard to imagine ever going back to one of those pre-mixed dips. Plus, when you make this you’ll have everyone impressed since it’s ten times better than the fake stuff!
French Onion Dip From Scratch
- 1 1/2 cups diced onion
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teasoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Saute onions over medium high heat until they begin to brown (but don't let them burn!) In a medium bowl combine sour cream, mayo, garlic powder, salt, worcestershire sauce, white pepper, and celery salt and stir until smooth and all ingredients are incorporated. Stir in crumbled bacon. Chill at least 1 hour, or until ready to serve. Serve chilled with chips or crackers.