Golden Oreo & Toasted Marshmallow Cheesecake Bars – Cheesecake bars stuffed with golden Oreos and topped with toasted marshmallows!
Truth: I don’t like Oreos plain. At least, not traditional black n’ white Oreos. My number one favorite way to eat a classic Oreo? Smothered in creamy peanut butter. Parent Trap anyone? Bless your heart if you know what I’m talking about. I was an Oreo-hater before that movie came out. Ten times better than the original. Annnnnd now I feel old.
Now Golden Oreos I actually will eat all by their lonesome. The vanilla works better with the cream for me. Here’s the deal. If you haven’t tried a Golden Oreo, you need to try one pronto. And when you do? Make these Golden Oreo Toasted marshmallow Cheesecake Bars. You’ll be hooked for sure. Might even abandon your old school black n’ white Oreo ways.
JK that won’t happen. But a new food love is always a good thing.
These bars are really simple. Just whip up sweet and salty crust using some of those Golden Oreos. Throw that in the oven a bit to let it come together. Then shmear (love that word) the super simple cheesecake layer onto the crust. Stuff some more oreos into the batter, bake it til it sets. Last but not least, throw a whole bunch of mini marshmallows on top, stick it under the broiler for a couple of minutes to get em nice n’ toasty golden, then cut, cool, and devour. It’s like a golden s’more…..sorta.
Golden Oreo & Toasted Marshmallow Cheesecake Bars
- 20 golden oreo cookies, separated, filling removed
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 12 golden oreos
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350, line a 8x8 or 9x9 inch pan with nonstick foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In a food processor, combine cookies, sugar, melted butter, and pulse until well blended. Press crumb mixture into prepared pan and bake 10 minutes, remove from oven and allow to cool while you prepare the cheesecake.
- Combine all layers for cheesecake and blend well until smooth. Spread batter evenly on top of cooling crust (doesn't need to be completely cooled). Gently press 12 golden Oreos into batter.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until cheesecake layer is set and toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and scatter marshmallows over cheesecake layer. Set oven to broil and put the cheesecake bars back in the oven 3-4 minutes until tops of marshmallows are lightly browned (watch closely so they don't burn!). Cool completely before cutting into bars. Store chilled in airtight container. Serve chilled or at room temperature.