Super creamy and rich alfredo sauce made with protein-packed greek yogurt! So amazing you’ll ditch store-bought versions for good!
Well, it’s Monday folks.
This is probably one of the less stressful Mondays for me. Mostly because I mailed hard copies of my senior thesis to my committee members on Friday and now all I can think about is how I only have five (1,2,3,4,5) assignments and just one final exam left. That, plus my Oral Defense is the rest of my bachelors degree in a nutshell.
It’s a beautiful, small, completely tolerable nutshell and I’m basking in that relief today.
I feel pretty badly that I’ve been slacking in the blogging department lately. I’m sorry! Forgive me friends. I have tons of amazing recipes coming your way – I’ve just been running out of hours in the day lately with all of the research I’ve been doing for my thesis on top of typical homework drudgery.
This week I planned on making 12 new recipes for you. But we have a storm coming through over the next couple of days. So you miiiiight have to settle for 5 or 6.
But NEXT week, it’s looking sunny sunny sunny and that means hoards of new recipes will be created in this old 70’s kitchen of mine.
No promises though – Utah weather is notoriously fickle.
In the meantime, I’ve got a handful of really yummy things planned out for the blog this week and If I know you like I think I do – you’re gonna like em.
First up: Greek Yogurt Alfredo Sauce.
One of my many quirky cooking habits includes finding sneaky ways to get greek yogurt into my dishes. It’s loaded with protein and if you’re using 0% fat which I always do, it’s even healthier. It adds yummy flavor to your dishes – way better than sour cream if you ask me. When I worked it into this alfredo sauce recipe, I was instantly hooked. So creamy, so much flavor, so much goodness on top of any pasta you desire.
I’ve been in a carby, pasta mood lately so a stash of cooked fettuccine noodles have taken up residence in my fridge along with a jar of homemade greek yogurt alfredo sauce.
Stop buying the jarred stuff and makes some of this gorgeous sauce at home. You. will. love. it.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ cup milk or water (I used fat free half & half)
- ¾ cup of plain greek yogurt (I used 0% fat)
- ½ - ⅔ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional: ½ teaspoon dried parsley (or 1 teaspoon fresh)
- 8 ounces of your favorite pasta noodles, cooked
- In a medium sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in garlic powder. Stir in milk (or water). Remove from heat and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes. Gradually whisk in greek yogurt.
- Add parmesan cheese to sauce and stir until melted. (If the cheese doesn't melt completely because the sauce is too cool, return to stove on low for a couple of minutes) Add salt and pepper to taste and toss with your favorite cooked pasta noodles.
Recipe adapted from Eating Well Magazine