This super moist Lemon Poppyseed Bundt Cake is easy to whip up with the help of a cake mix and a few ingredients like lemon pudding and sour cream!
Lemon + poppy seeds. 100% Spring and I am 100% love. ing. it.
This has been the poster week for Utah weather. Shorts and t-shirts on Monday, ski jackets and Ugg boots on Wednesday, leggings and crochet sweaters on Friday. Yep that sounds about right. The mid-week storm brought a good 24 hours of snow in but the sun popped out on Thursday and poof! snow-be-gone.
Happens all the time.
I have to say that snowy days make excellent excuses for baking all day long. I ended up creating three new (totally amazing) cake recipes for a church youth group fundraiser. In other words my kitchen was a disaster but the house smelled of nummy sweet things and my belly was full of cake.
Not a bad day if you ask me.
But don’t let my snow story make you think you have to wait til a blizzard comes through to make yourself some lemon poppy seed bundt cake. This cake has s.p.r.i.n.g. written all over it and it is honest-to-goodness a serious piece of cake to whip up and is so moist it will melt in your mouth!
What people are saying about this Lemon Poppyseed Bundt Cake
“Best. Cake. Ever. I cannot say it enough. It’s a hit every time. I cannot believe how easy it was to put together. Instructions are clear and concise. Nothing added-nothing left out. It’s moist, soft, right amount of sweetness – absolute perfection.” – Tara
“This cake is perfect. Easy and delicious! I made one last night and one today. Both were gone in no time!! Thanks for sharing this one!” – Katherine
“Made this for Father’s Day and everyone loved it! So easy to make and super moist. Will definitely be making this again and again. Thank you!” – Lisa
Lemon Poppyseed Bundt Cake
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 3.4 ounce box instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 cup plain or vanilla greek yogurt (may sub sour cream)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons poppyseeds
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice*
- 3-4 tablespoons milk, or as needed*
- optional: sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350. Heavily grease a bundt pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together cake mix and pudding mix. Add sour cream, vegetable oil, eggs, and warm water and mix until all ingredients are incorporated. Stir in poppy seeds.
- Pour cake batter into prepared baking pan and bake for 40-50 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool 30-45 minutes before inverting cake onto a cooling rack.
- For the glaze, mix together powdered sugar, lemon juice, and milk (start with 3 tablespoons and add more as needed until glaze is pourable). Drizzle glaze over cooled cake. Top with sprinkles if desired. Store covered at room temperature.
Recipe adapted from Six Sisters Stuff