Tender baked Melty Bacon Swiss Chicken topped with crispy bacon and melty ooey gooey swiss cheese! An easy family dinner everyone will love!
This is one of those dishes. The kind that come to mind when life is crazy and you need to come up with something to fix for dinner but it needs to meet all of your life-is-crazy requirements such as
1) so super easy
2) fast fast fast
3) crowd pleaser (even those picky eaters!)
4) few ingredients
5) on the healthier side
Check, check, check, check, check.
Yep, this is one of those recipes.
We are talking 5 minute prep, about 25 minutes in the oven, and onto the table before you’ve even managed to round up the troops. And it has swiss CHEESE. And BACON.
Talk about buzz words.
P.S. if you are a dressing/sauce/dip person… you need to serve this with some creamy ranch dressing.
Melty Bacon Swiss Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (pounded to 1/2 inch thickness)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 slices bacon, slightly undercooked (you don't want them too crispy)
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 and line a baking dish with lightly greased foil.
- Season chicken breasts with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Place in prepared baking dish. Top with two slices of bacon for each chicken breast, then top each with one slice of swiss cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked through. Serve immediately and sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley if desired.