Savory chicken and red potatoes seasoned with butter, garlic, and fresh rosemary – all made in one pan with just 6 ingredients create this wonderful One Pan Rosemary Chicken and Potatoes – and ready in 30 minutes or less!
A couple of days ago I shared a post on Instagram listing my favorite herbs to cook with. In case you missed it, it went like this…
1) cilantro x10000000
3) everything else
But this dish right here, this rosemary chicken and potatoes thing that we’ve got going on, it’s just begging me to pull rosemary out of that ‘everything else’ group and give it the number three spot. Or maybe even tie with basil. Because I am love love love.ing. it.
Let’s keep talking numbers though. When all is said and done, this recipe has 6 ingredients. S I X people. That’s it. and that is including the chicken and potatoes. This is definitely one of those less-is-more situations because even though this dish is incredibly simple, it has a ton of flavor.
Another important number? Thirty: the number of minutes it takes to make this dish. And seriously that is being wayyyy generous. Like if you have really thick cuts of chicken and aren’t too careful about chopping your potatoes into exactly 1 inch pieces, which lets be honest, who measures their chopped potatoes anyway?
So with just 30 minutes and 6 very simple ingredients you’re putting not only some incredibly juicy, tender and perfectly seasoned chicken on the table, but a side dish too. That right there is the beauty of a one pan meal. It’s safe to say that one pan wonders are quickly becoming a staple in my house and just looking at this one pan rosemary chicken and potato dish, I think it’s pretty obvious why!
One Pan Rosemary Chicken and Potatoes
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken thighs or 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts pounded to even thickness
- 4-6 small red potatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat-high heat. Add garlic and saute for about a minute until fragrant.
- Add chicken and potatoes to pan. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and rosemary. Cover and cook for 6-8 minutes. Turn the chicken and cook another 6-8 minutes (covered) until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are fork tender. Serve hot.