With great flavor and minimal prep and clean up, these easy skillet buttery lemon herb chicken thighs will become an instant family favorite.
First things first, let’s talk flavor.
we’ve got lemon + garlic + herbs + BUTTER
I could die happy right now.
My weeknight dinner life has become all about the 30 minute skillet meals these days. I’ve been taking the twins to the splash pad lately, or on little adventures to the park in the afternoon and when I get home the last thing I want to do is slave away for an hour or more to get dinner ready. Especially when the weather is in the 90’s you know?
Minimal prep, minimal cleanup, and maximum deliciousness are my requirements nowadays.
Okay if we’re being honest those were pretty common requirements before too, but even more so now! So a one skillet meal that includes chicken, lemon, butter, garlic, and fresh summertime herbs is precisely what I dream of. It’s what you dream of to, whether you knew that or not. Believe me, you will love the crispy outside, and juicy inside of this buttery lemon herb chicken!
What people are saying about this Skillet Buttery Lemon Herb Chicken Thighs
“This was such a delicious meal. Thanks so much for posting it. This will be a staple dinner in our home since my 3 and 4 year old boys couldn’t get enough, as well as myself.” – Jeanette
Skillet Buttery Lemon Herb Chicken Thighs
- 4 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 3-4 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped basil - (see note)
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped oregano
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped thyme
- juice of 1 lemon - (1-2 tablespoons, depending on how strong you prefer the lemon flavor)
- Grease your skillet with a little bit of olive oil (1/2 teaspoon) or cooking spray and preheat over medium heat. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper to taste. Add chicken to skillet, top side down, and cook 2-3 minutes until tops are browned. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Add butter to skillet and melt over medium heat. Stir garlic and herbs and saute 1-2 minutes until garlic is fragrant. Stir in lemon juice.
- Return chicken to skillet and cook 6-8 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Flip chicken over a couple of times in the butter sauce to get a good coating immediately before serving. Top with freshly chopped basil or other herbs if desired, along with additional lemon slices or wedges for garnish.