Soft & Chewy Gingersnaps – Thick, soft, and chewy gingersnap cookies perfect for the holiday season! So delicious and ready to eat in just 30 minutes!
You know that whole “life is a roller coaster” thing, where sometimes you have ups, sometimes downs, sometimes you flatline. Well I feel like I’ve had my fair share of both. Good times, bad times, happy times, stressful times, even nothing times. Today I got some good news and I feel like maybe I’m on the upside of life for a minute.
With that in mind, and Thanksgiving right around the corner (or maybe staring me in the face since it’s officially less than a week away, how did that happen??) I just wanna say thank you. I’m grateful for the good times, and the bad times, and I’m grateful to be feeling like I’m in the middle of a good time. To anyone who feels like they’ve just hit the bottom of a giant roller coaster drop, I feel for ya but keep your chin up, the roller coaster must go on, you’ll be on your way back up before you know it.
Okay enough of the cheesy profound thoughts on the meaning of life, lets talk cookies. Soft, chewy, gingersnap cookies. Big puffy ones you can really sink your teeth into. I’m not a fan of crunchy gingersnaps, I never have been. But give me one of these soft gingersnap babies and I’m sittin’ on holiday cloud nine. These are so dense and delicious and just scream cozy winter nights to me. The flavor is perfect, without that overbearing gingery taste that some recipes have. These are my favorite gingersnaps EVER! Make them, I know you’ll love them! They’re so delicious, they’ll make you feel like you’re on the upside of life, even if you’re not 😉
What people are saying about these Soft & Chewy Gingersnaps
“I found this recipe last year, and it is still my favorite! I just made my first batch of the season and they were just as amazing as I remembered. I blogged some photos, linking back to your site for the recipe, if you would like to see! Thanks for the great recipe, one I’ll use for holidays to come.” – Charity
“So chewy and flavorful! A definite keeper of a recipe. Thanks so much for sharing :)” – Lindsay
“These were yummy! I tripled the batch and added more ginger, salt, cinnamon and vanilla to taste and it was amazing! Thanks!” – Kim
If you like these Soft and Chewy Gingersnap Cookies, you’ll love this Cherry Chip Cake with Chocolate Ganache, S’mores Cheesecake Bars, Grasshopper Cupcakes, Golden Oreo Marshmallow Cheesecake Bars, White Chocolate Chip Skillet Brownie, and Caramel Crumble Cheesecake Bars.
Soft & Chewy Gingersnaps
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup sugar, for rolling
- Preheat oven to 375. In a large bowl cream together brown sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add molasses, egg and vanilla and mix well. In another bowl combine flour, baking soda, ginger, salt, cinnamon, and cloves and whisk to combine. Gradually mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients, 1 cup at a time.
- When flour mixture is completely incorporated and dough comes together, cover dough and chill 10 minutes. Place 1/4 cup sugar in a small bowl. Roll about two tablespoons of dough into a ball and roll in sugar. Place dough ball onto a lightly greased baking sheet and lightly press to flatten slightly.
- Repeat with remaining dough, leaving about 2 inches between balls for spreading. Bake 9-10 minutes. Allow to cool 5 minutes on the baking sheet. Use a thin metal spatula to remove cookies from chest and allow to cool completely on a wire rack. Store in airtight container.