Sprinkle Crinkle Cookies – Fun to make, look at, and eat! These cookies taste like a party in your mouth, perfect for the next big event on your calendar!
Sprinkles remind me of that board game I used to beg my brothers to play with me when I was six. You know the one. The gumdrop land and the licorice guy and the candycane forest. Candyland. As a kid I couldn’t imagine anything more magical than a whole world made out of candy.
Which is probably why I managed to wear out our old Corvette VHS rewinding machine from watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory too many times.
That snotty girl on the show… Penny? Violet? No, not Violet she’s the one who ate the blueberries. Well they were all snotty except for Charlie right? Anyways, I remember thinking how on earth could they be so ungrateful when they are surrounded by Candyland!! Yeah, the game. I basically thought that Candyland had come to life.
These are my Candyland cookies. They are magical. Party because they taste like a party in your mouth (SOOOO GOOD!). And partly because they are covered in sprinkles. Sprinkles make anything better, really. I honestly just thought of about ten really incredible new ways to eat sprinkles (Sprinkle Bagels anyone???).
The second best part of these cookies (the first best being that they are crazy tasty!) is that they are so so so easy it’s almost a little embarrassing. I mean, I’m not sure I can really even call this a recipe. But…. I am. And it is one that I will be making again and again, for just about every occasion imaginable because everyone loves them!!
Sprinkle Crinkle Cookies
- 1 box funfetti cake mix - dry
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup multi-colored sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl combine cake mix, vegetable oil, and eggs and mix well to combine. Cover and chill dough 15 minutes.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop dough and roll into balls. Place sprinkles and powdered sugar in two separate bowls. Roll dough balls in sprinkles to coat all sides, then in the powdered sugar.
- Set cookie dough balls about 2-3 inches apart on a large baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes. Cookies will still be a little gooey. Allow to cool completely before using a metal spatula to remove cookies from sheet. Store in airtight container.