Strawberry Lemon Bars – These Bars are a sweet and tart summer favorite. A flaky, buttery crust is the perfect base for these colorful, gooey bars.
Lemon bars are so classic, I mean really – unless you are a lemon hater, how can you not love lemon bars?? That buttery crust, that gooey lemon filling, and all of that sweet powdered sugar dusting the top… heaven. Perfect any time of year but but when I see them I instantly think sunny weather and flip flops. The only thing that can make a lemon bar better is adding a gooey strawberry layer!
Strawberry Lemon Bars
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- juice of 2 small lemons
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup finely chopped strawberries
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- In medium bowl, cream together butter, sugar and flour for the crust. Press into bottom of 9x13. Use fork to poke a few shallow holes in the crust layer. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until just golden brown.
For the Lemon Layer
- In medium bowl, whisk eggs and sugar until bubbly and foamy, about 3-4 minutes. Add flour and whisk. Add lemon juice and stir until smooth. Pour on baked crust.
For the Strawberry Layer
- In medium bowl, whisk egg and sugar until bubbly and foamy. Whisk in flour and set aside.
- In a food processory, add strawberries and water and pulse until smooth. Add strawberry mixture to egg mixture and mix until smooth. Drizzle over lemon layer. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar over top and chill until completely cooled. Cut into bars and serve.
This post is in partnership with Go Bold With Butter.