Copycat Chili’s Queso that tastes so much like the original everyone will think you bought it at the restaurant! Just 5 minute prep and made in the crockpot!
Appetizers are taking over my kitchen you guys. I’m taking full advantage of football season to whip up new versions of all of my favorite classic finger foods. A couple of weeks ago I shared a slow cooker spinach artichoke dip that my family went absolutely nuts for. My sister swears up and down that it’s better than any restaurant version. And that’s really saying something because my family has probably tries spinach artichoke dip from at least 30 restaurants. Everyone loved it so much and it was so. darn. easy. that I decided to make another one of my favorites in the slow cooker and see how it turns out.
Oh it turned out good. (<—read: understatement of the century.)
I think cooking this queso in the crockpot just helped to meld all of the flavors together even more and bring out their spicy goodness. This is a taste-alike for the famous Chili’s version and I’m convinced it’s even better than the original. So is my husband! And he is picky about copycat recipes so you know this has gotta be good. The best part is that you just throw everything in the slow cooker, come back in an hour and stir it all together! If that’s not a no-fuss recipe I don’t know what is!
- 16 oz. Velveeta Cheese
- 1 cup milk (preferably Half & Half if you have it)
- ½ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 15-oz can no-bean chili
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- juice of 1 lime juice (about 1 tablespoon)
- tortilla chips, for serving
- Cut velveeta cheese into cubes. (optional. If you don't, it will just take a little longer to melt, no biggie) Add all ingredients (except for tortilla chips) to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 2 hours or on high for 1 hour.
- Stir until everything comes together. Cook on low for 30 minutes - 1 hour (As much time as you have before serving)
- Serve with tortilla chips. Enjoy!
You’ll like these too!